Part 19: Who is in Control

"They are terrorizing everyone" Jeremy said as he nervously peaked out the window. 

Bree was just a few paces behind him, anxiously looking over his shoulder while the rest of the pack paced in worry. 

"They are here early...I thought you said that we still had a few days?" Bree asked.

 "We did...They must be here to try and make a statement" Clay said from behind the couch.

 "They are raiding the houses...There is a good chance they are going to come here, Bree, you have to hide somewhere safe until they leave, if Negan catches you...." Jeremy trailed on, not wanting to think about the possibilities.

"No! I won't let them take her, they will have to get through all of us if it comes down to it" Nick interjected, protectively standing close to Bree. 

"Pfft, and have me forever be guilty if anything happens to any of you? No way! You have to promise me that if worse comes to worse you will let ME deal with Negan, even if that means me leaving with him" Bree pleaded.

 "Absolutely not!" Jeremy fired back at Bree. 

Before Bree could reason with him, he said "He has put you through enough, you are not going anywhere and if it comes down to it, we will all show them our true strength if it means to protect you."

"Jeremy! They have guns for Christ's sake! Our true strength will do NOTHING against that! I will not risk losing any of you for my own safety, I am NOT the omega that you remember me as, I can take care of my own problems now, I have been doing so all this time I have been without you! I will NOT be shushed or babied or ushered out of the room whenever there is conflict against our family ever again, I am just as capable of survival as everyone else in this room and I have proved it!"

Bree felt bad about sticking it to her pack the way she did but she also felt it was time they heard it.

 Jeremy stiffened his upper lip and stood over her. His influence was so intense that she was forced to take a step back in submission. 

"No matter what happens...You will NOT leave this house...That is an order...From your alpha" He said sternly through gritted teeth, looking her directly in the eyes.

 They intensely locked eyes and the rest of the pack fell silent. Bree knew that Jeremy's only intention was to try to protect her but she was afraid to find out at what expense.

"Understood?" Jeremy said finally.

 Before Bree could answer, there was a sharp knock on the door. Everyone's heads jerked in the direction of the door and tension filled the room.

 "They are here, we are out of time" Elena said in a panic.

 "Clay, take Bree upstairs, do whatever means to make sure she stays safe, the rest of us will stay down here and deal with the Saviors." Jeremy barked as he made his way over to the door.

 Before Bree could process or defy anything Jeremy said, Clay was already dragging her by the hand and pushing her upstairs. She briefly made eye contact with Nick and he tried to give her the best reassuring look her could give.

Clay brought her to one of the upstairs bedrooms. He opened the closest and told her to get in.

 "Clay, you have to let me go, I can stop all of this. I know Negan and I know I can talk to him or make a deal with him or-" Bree tried to reason with Clay but was cut off. 

"No, you will not leave this room until I give you the clear, we are going to follow Jeremy's orders and stick to his plan. Look darlin', I know that you just want to help remedy the situation but I know men like Negan, there are not easy to barter with, he is not afraid of bloodshed to get what he wants, you are not safe with him after what you did."