Part 5: In Guilt, You'll Surely drown

'Shit shit shit SHIT! What have I done?!' Bree panicked, angry at herself for losing control. 

"Well what do we have here...Was this a planned assassination attempt or are you people really that fucking stupid?" Negan voiced deeply, putting the fear of God into everyone. 

Bree tuned him out. She stared at the boy still on the ground clutching his wrist and he was already starting to turn pale.

Gregory was scrambling trying to smooth things over and all the Saviors were now pointing their guns at the members of the Hilltop. She could tell this was a spur of a moment thing and by everyone's reactions this was not planned.

 As Bree focused on the teenager, she came to a scary realization that this was going to come to an end with him dying, either by her or someone else. Having him turn into what she was was not an option. She was no Jeremy and had no clue how to handle this, and even if she did, it's not like she had many options being stuck as a wolf. She was really longing for the guidance of her pack and she dreaded having to try to handle this on her own.

Jesus and who she assumed was the boy's mother came by his side to try to help him up and get him away from the situation. Bree bared her teeth and growled and before she could react any further Negan stepped in.

 "Don't you dare touch him! Him and I have a bone to pick and NO ONE who tries a stunt like that gets away with it!" Negan yelled, towering over them. Jesus backed off, raising his hands in compliance but the kids mother stayed by his side.

Negan's eyes turned black as the boy cried out "My father is in a coma because of you, you piece of shit! You will pay for what you have done to him!"

Negan's expression slowly turned from pissed off to one of amusement. "Really?" He said, almost laughing it off. He squatted down to get on his level. 

"That fucking pussy was your father? Well, that makes sense, only a yellow-bellied coward tries to stab a man in the back, I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree now does it?"

Before Negan could say anything more the kid cocked his head back and spit right in Negan's face. Negan turned his head to flinch away and then slowly turned back to look at him. Gradually he wiped the spit off of his face, looked at his hand, and then looked back at the mother and son in anger. 

"Look at you trying to prove you have a set of balls on you, well mission accomplished but it wasn't very smart on your behalf" he said before punching him in the face.

Right away the boy jumped up and tried to tackle Negan.

 This was Bree's only chance...This kid could not make it out of here alive as much as it killed her.

 Bree reacted by jumping up and knocking him to the ground. She tore his throat out and made it as quick as she possibly could. When she pulled away there was no sign of life in his eyes and Bree knew it was over. The mother began to scream and sob and Bree backed off and retreated to Negan's side so she could grieve.

For a few moments there was silence from everyone except for the sounds of the shrieking mother.

 "Well damn" Negan said gruffly with a hint of a deeper emotion. "That was....a lot...I hope everyone here learned a lesson here today, do NOT fuck with the Saviors, this could have all been avoided if you would have just complied. Now Gregory, for this little stunt, now I want all your shit waiting here for me by the end of this week instead of the next" Negan paused to process a reaction from Gregory.

Gregory was frozen in fear and shock from the whole scene that just took place in front of him. He stuttered a response but his jaw was shaking so bad he wasn't making any sense. His eyes were the size of golf balls when Negan approached him and roughly clasped a hand on his shoulder.