Part 9: Revenge

About a week at the Sanctuary had passed and Bree was starting to feel like herself again. Her and Negan's arrangement stayed pretty much the same as what they talked about though she did eventually get move into her new room...Next door to his, much to her dismay. He said it was his way of keeping an eye on her but Bree didn't care, it was still her own space which was more than what most people had.

 Even after she made it clear that she was not about any kind of arranged so called marriage with him, he still continued to pursue her. He was flirty any chance he got and even after being shut down by Bree multiple times he still tried her. She was beginning to get used to it and she learned to just ignore him.

In the short time that she had been there she made a few friends. There was Tina from the commissary, a sassy older women who Bree admired for the way she stood up to the Saviors and her husband Tony who was basically one of the Janitors from the Sanctuary. She even started to get to know the wives a little better but the only one who really gave her the time of day was Sherry, who every now and then would have meals with her in the cafeteria.

Eventually the time came where Negan wanted to test out Bree's skills and as much as Jeremy would be against this, she was  excited to prove herself. There was an old abandoned military base about three hours from the Sanctuary that Negan has been scouting out for a while now. It had been over-run with walkers but over the past few weeks Negan's men had been clearing the majority of them out and now it was time to raid the place. 

When they got there, Negan did his usual barking out orders on how this was going to go, Bree stayed close by and listened to his instructions.

 "Alrighty now, we will divide up into three groups and go through each building in teams, we will go in grid formation and make sure everyone's ass is covered. We will start from the front of the compound and work our way though the back and make sure you search every nook and cranny. I want these trucks pack with supplies, I'll take-" Negan was just about through before he was cut off by Bree.

 "Whoa wait a second....Wouldn't it make more sense if we start from the back and work our way up to the front? We would get a better lay of the land that way and it would prevent any surprises?"

Everyone got really quiet and Negan dropped his expression and slowly turned to glared at her. Bree honestly didn't feel like she was stepping out of line but the reaction she was getting made her think otherwise. 

"Excuse me, but I don't remember this being a democracy...I don't recall putting out a suggestion box and I sure as hell don't recall giving you or anyone for that matter the okay to call the shots! Now just because you have these so called 'advantages', it don't mean shit until you prove it and even when you do that don't give you the right to undermine me."

Bree widened her eyes and threw her hands up. 

"Alright alright, jeeze, was just a suggestion, I wasn't undermining you, no need to be so touchy about it." 

Negan frowned at her and bent down to her level. "You know just because you made the proclamation that you are not one of my wives now don't mean I won't hesitate to throw you over my knee in front of everyone, do NOT push me!"

He was so close to her now she could feel his breath against her skin. Bree swallowed hard and nodded, pushing past him to go through the gates.

It was then that Simon spoke up. "You know she may have a good point...I mean we did clear this place out to the best of our ability but it's a big place, there might be more..."

 Negan turned his glare to him.

 "We stick to the plan" He growled and Simon backed off. 

After they broke up into teams, Negan made it very clear that Bree was to be with him. After a dramatic eye roll, Bree reluctantly followed him to the first building. One of the guys who was with them began to hammer at the door to break the lock. Bree was close by and she held a hand up when she caught a whiff of something. Pressing her head against the door she smelled and listened. "There's a cluster inside...maybe three or four, I can't tell".