Part 18: Double Cross

Bree did just as Jeremy told her and she lied to Rick. She told him that she had been on her own ever since she separated from her family and that was that.

 He asked her the usual questions...'How many walkers have you killed...How many people have you killed and why'.

 She wasn't quite sure what he was getting at considering most people wouldn't be alive today if they haven't had to put any of the dead to rest and as far on how many people she had killed, that was a secret that she would take to her grave.

 Rick sure as hell wasn't going to be the one to pull that one out of her.

Once Rick gave her the clear, for the next few days she learned what life was like at Alexandria.

 She was given a job which felt more like a purpose, helping Olivia with disbursing supplies and inventory. She tried to spend most of her time there, only interacting with her family when she needed to. She wasn't completely giving them the cold shoulder but she was putting enough distance to let them know that she was still upset over their part in the out post massacre.

 She was happy to be with them again but when she thought about what they helped accomplish it made her sick. Everyone seemed to understand this and they gave her some space.

Nick would still try to get her to see why they did what they did but whenever he would start she would just walk away. She didn't want to hear it and nothing could rectify what had already been done and she needed some time to deal. They would still sleep together at night but they hadn't made love ever since the day she came back. 

This deeply bothered Nick. After being apart for so long, all he wanted to do was be around her and for things to be like they used to but he feared that those days were permanently gone, just like everything else.

Working in the stock room, Bree began to befriend some of the Alexandrians. Her and Olivia bonded pretty quickly. She was friendly and open minded and Bree liked how they could talk like everything was right in the world again. Bree wished that she had known her before the world fell apart because she really enjoyed her company. 

Surprisingly, Bree even managed to befriend Carl as well.

 At first he would follow her around as if he were spying on her. Bree had a feeling that he did this because he didn't trust her so when she would notice him keeping an eye on her she would call him out on it and get him to talk to her. She learned about his passion for comic book characters and he even introduced her to his baby sister Judith. Whenever he was free he would hang out at the garage where she worked and keep her company when Olivia wasn't there.

After a few days of being at Alexandria, Bree and Olivia worked out a system where Bree would open the garage in the morning and then Olivia would be the one to close it at dusk. 

One morning when Bree was opening, she noticed that there was a girl leaning up against the garage, waiting for the door to open. As Bree got closer, she noticed that it was one of the girls from the line up. If Bree remembered correctly, her name was Rosita.

As Bree walked up, there was something odd about her that made her feel uneasy. She stared at Bree as she arrived, not looking away or breaking eye contact. She wasn't sure if it was her own gut feeling or her paranoid wolf that was telling her that she was being threatening. 

As Bree walked up to her, she gave her a smile and a wave that was not returned. Rosita continued to stare her down as she undid the lock on the garage to open it. Bree gave her a weird look and pushed the door up and asked "What can I get for you?"