1

Future author here: Yeah so, the fic gets better-ish, that's all I have to say.

-

Zak has his phone in his hand, it was still locked. He closed his eyes, then opened them and stared at his thin white curtains that let in a tint of light. The light lit up his room faintly.

He eventually decided to go onto his phone, unlocking it and navigating towards Twitter. Once he found it he clicked on it and began to scroll through fan art, liking most of them and commenting on a few.

After roughly thirty minutes he came across fan art of him and one of his friends; Darryl, to be specific. He looked at the hashtag, it read; '#SkephaloFanArt' He chuckled at this and clicked on the tag, after liking the image.

If Zak was being completely honest here, he liked looking at skephalo fan art, not because he liked his friend that way, but because they were always so cute looking.

He spent about an hour looking at fanart of him and Darryl before placing his phone on his chest, that is, until his phone let out an obnoxious noise. He flinched and lifted his phone up and look at the screen, Darryl was calling him.

He quickly picked up and placed his phone by his ear, not bothering to put it on speaker.

"Hello?" He asked, his voice came out kind of rough, he hadn't had water for a few hours. He ignored the sound of his voice and wondered why his friend was calling him at 4am in the morning.

"Oh! sorry 'Geppy! did I wake you up?" His friend yelped, Zak could feel the guilt in his close friends voice and just giggled a bit.

"No, i've been up for hours." Zak let out another small giggle. He could hear Darryl move his phone and place it on what sounded like wood. Probably a desk.

"Thats good, anyways, Quackity's streaming Jackbox. George, Dream, Karl, and Sapnap, and I were wondering if you wanted to join?" Zak blinked, his friend had spoken so fast he hardly knew what he was saying, but he still understood.

"Give me about three minutes and i'll be on," He breathed out, then looked at his phone putting on speaker as his hand grew tired.

"Okay! Ill tell the others! See you soon, bye Skeppy!" And just like that, Darryl hung up, leaving Zak's lonely room quiet.

Around four minutes had passed and Zak was sitting at his desk chair, opening Discord. He hovered over the Discord call, He stared at it for a second. After a bit he suddenly began to grow nervous.

Nervous?

Of what?

That's exactly what he was asking himself. He'd never been nervous about joining someones Discord call. He simply shrugged it off and joined the call.

"What the hell!?" That was the first thing Zak heard as he joined the call, George was freaking out over whatever. It didn't seem like anyone had noticed Zak joined the call.

"Language!" He heard a once cheerful voice yell. Zak quickly muted his mic, then let out a laugh.

"Yeah George, language." Quackity said smugly after Darryl said 'Language'. Zak was clearly confused by this, Quackity's voice sounded both sincere and smug. Zak listened to their conversations for a while, before somebody finally figured out he was in the vc.

"Wait.. Who else is in the vc?" Karl asked slowly, this got everyone to stop talking and Zak to go still, like he was a kid who just broke his mother's priceless vase with a ball he wasn't supposed to have in the house.

"Well, who wants to check?" It was Sapnap who spoke this time, his voice was also steady but dramatically, Zak felt like the others thought a killer had joined the call, but this just made him laugh.

"Ugh, you guys are so annoying. I'll check it." Zak could tell George said it, his accent was thicker then normal, along with the 'sassy' tone George said it in. If Zak was being honest, George acted like any popular high school girl.

"Oh," George then let out a soft laugh. "Hello Skeppy," he said, still laughing. "You seem to be quite muted," He let out another laugh,

Zak unmuted, smiling gently "Hello!" He greeted mainly to George, but also to everybody else.

"Hi 'Geppy!" Zak's heart felt like it skipped a beat, he shook it off and smiled

"Hi," Zak greeted, his tone quite literally showing how happy he was.

"Quackity was just about to end the stream, how long were you here for?" It was Karl who spoke this time, his tone sounding like he was interrogating Zak.

"Uh.. Ive been here for like.. Thirty minutes? He responded, adding a little chuckle at the end for it to sound less awkward that he just sat there listening to them.

"And you never said anything?" Quackity let out along with a loud chuckle-like laugh.

"I didnt feel like it," Zak mumbled, his face grew red from embarrassment.

"Guys, I think i'm going to stream for a little bit longer, since Skeppy joined." Quackity let out another laugh, making a few others like Sapnap and Karl laugh before continuing. Skeppy hopped onto the Jackbox game they were in.

-

After thirty minutes Quackity finally decided to end his stream. Everybody said goodbye to the chat. Sortly after, people started to leave the vc, Zak decided to call Darryl, letting his phone ring for a few seconds before his close friend picked up.

"Hello," He heard his friend cheerfully say, his heart fluttered a bit, but he pushed it away.

"Hello," He greeted, "How are you today?" He asked politely, not exactly knowing what to say.

"Im doing good, how are you?" Darryl cheerfully responded.

Zak hummed a bit before responding with a simple "Im doing okay,"

"Thats good," Darryl responded, his face wasn't on the camera, instead, the camera was facing the ceiling, showing a bit of his pale yellow walls, along with the white from the ceiling.

"Why are you not showing your face?" Zak asked slowly, he was, in fact, showing his face, his dark messy hair flopped to the side of his face, unstyled, which was slightly rare. A few strands near his eyes.

Zak looked at himself in the camera and ran his fingers through his hair, moving the strands away from his eye.

"I dont wanna," He heard bad mumble out, then laugh a bit, Zak blinked and chuckled.

"Oh come on, look at me, im a literal mess right now, show yourself," Zak laughed softly after saying that, then ran his hands through his dark locks again.

"You dont look like a mess 'Geppy! I think you look good!" Darryl peeped out, clearly ignoring the comment Zak said about his face. a smile visible in his voice.

"Bad show your face!" He whined, he repeated this over and over as his friend repeated a simple 'no.'

1160 words. (Edited)

Have a good day, afternoon, or night! :)