Double upload because you guys deserve it <3

-

The screen was blank as Zak stared down at it.

His phone was turned off, why? He had no clue.

He felt like he wanted to unlock his phone, but at the same time, the reflection of his face on the screen seemed to be more entertaining to look at.

It's not that he didn't want to turn on his phone, it's just that as soon as he unlocks his phone, the odds of Darryl finding him looking at fanart was highly likely, especially in this case.

And Zak was cursing himself out because of it.

If he had just taken the extra minute to close out Twitter, he wouldn't be in this situation.

and what makes it worse is the fact thag Darryl's head is placed on Zak's shoulder, looking down at his hands, the room was stuck in a comfortable silence, neither of the two daring to break it.

The room wasn't completely silent, however. There were still the soft sounds of breathing, and Zak was sure his heart was pounding so hard it broke most of the silence.

With the pull of an outstretched exhale, Zak moved his thumb down to the bottom of his phone, swiping up, the phone immediately picking up his facial ID.

Before much was seen, he swiped up again, out of twitter, leaving him to wonder if Darryl had seen.

The possibility was slim, as in the phone had been tilted to the side ever so slightly, just enough for the facial ID to work without a second try.

Zak assumed Darryl was clueless, if he saw, surely, he would question him right away.

Shaking off the thought, Zak went onto TikTok, starting too absentmindedly scroll through his feed, swiping down on most of the videos.

-

"I'm bored, can we do something?" Darryl mumbled, breaking the silence before Zak had the chance too.

Zak solemnly nodded and shut his phone off, he placed it besides him.

"What do you want to do?" He asked.

"You can pick, just make sure it's something fun," A sweet laugh left Darryl as he spoke, he pulled away from Zak and stood up.

"We could go to the movies," Zak proposed, choosing to ignore the way his stomach fluttered, it wasn't like it would be a date.

"Oh, yeah that sounds like fun!" Zak smiled at the excitement in the others tone, he nodded and pushed himself up off the bed.

"Alright, when do we want to leave? And what movie?"

"We can check the movie options once we get there," Darryl started, giving Zak a smile. "And we can leave whenever, considering we both are still in pajamas." He motioned towards both of their clothing.

"Right," Zak nodded, then walked over his dresser and took out some clothes, holding them up to his chest.

"I'll change in the bathroom," Zak said before turning, walking out of the room and into the bathroom, closing and locking the door behind him.

Once he was in, he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding, he placed the pile of clothes in his hands on the sink counter, leaning back against the wall.

He felt a blush coat his cheeks, he moved his hand and placed it on his chest--right over his heart--feeling how quick it was beating.

The tips of his fingers twitched, a smile growing on his face for no particular reason, he shook the feeling off.

Once Zak was finished changing, he walked back into the bedroom only to see Darryl sitting on the bed.

Darryl noticed Zak standing in the doorway, he waved to him and stood up.

"Are we leaving now?" He spoke, voice filled with excitement.

Zak shifted on the soles of his feet, he laughed at Darryl's eagerness. "We can if you'd like," He smiled warmly, shoving one of his hands into the pocket of his jeans.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Darryl grabbed Zak's free hand and guided him away from the bedroom, down the hall, and then into the living room.

Soon enough, the two were in Zak's car, driving to the movie theater though neither of them knew exactly how to get there.

"Are you sure we don't need a GPS?" Darryl asked, pulling his phone out, looking over at Zak.

"Yes, I'm sure. I know the way around this place," He stated in a matter-of-fact tone, then quietly under his breath mumbled, "Kind of."

"Come on, let me pull up google maps, we'll get lost." Zak once again shook his head, his gaze flicked off the road and over to Darryl before retreating back to the road.

"Trust me, we won't get lost," Zak assured, chuckling softly as he made a left turn, looking around for any signs of a movie theater.

"You say that now, but when we're in the middle of nowhere don't expect me to get help." Darryl stated, crossing his arms over his chest playfully.

"Hey, I know this place better then you do." Zak pointed out smugly, he bit back a grin, seeing his friend pout from the corner of his eye.

"Maybe, but Google Maps knows this place better than the both of us," He huffed, then laughed a bit, letting his hands fall down to his lap.

"Oh please, Google Maps isn't even accurate half the time."

"You don't know that,"

"Yes, I do."

"Then explain to me how it's not accurate." Darryl stated, looking out the window, watching the trees pass.

"Fine, it gives you the longer route, and the traffic recording system shit doesn't even work," Zak said, letting out a deep breath, adjusting his grip on the steering wheel.

"Language." Darryl muttered sharply, causing Zak to jokingly roll his eyes.

As Zak was looking around, he finally spotted a movie theater, he smiled wide.

"Oh, would you look at that, I got here, without help from some dumb electronic." He teased, letting out a laugh, he pulled into the parking lot, and looked around for a spot to park in.

Darryl groaned, leaning back in the seat. "Whatever," He stated before laughing alongside Zak.

-

1092 words.

wow look at me, not posting one, but two chapters

yeah, sorry for not posting in.. such a long time-

anyways I just wanted to say thank you guys so so much for 30k reads, seriously it means so much, I didn't exactly know what to do with this chapter. (the beginning is pretty messy ngl)