11

Zak woke up slowly, he forced himself up on his arms, he had been laying flat on his stomach with his arms under him, holding his face in place.

He glanced around, getting used to his surrounding. Did he not fall asleep on the couch? How is he now on his bed?

Zak pulled himself up onto his knees, observing his room once again, noticing it was different different, his taller friend nowhere to he seen.

He ran his hands through his hair, realizing how greasy his hair was. He really did need a shower.

Zak got up, walking over to his large wooden dresser, opening several draws, grabbing his clothes. He would deal with finding his friend later.

Zak walked into his bathroom, the same bathroom he had broke down in for the first time in months, the bathroom he felt so guilty to go into.

He moved back the curtain slightly and turned the shower handle [?], hearing the water hit the wall and make its way down to the drain.

Zak waited for the water to heat up before taking off his clothes and getting in.

It felt wrong being in the shower, not because he didn't want to take a shower, but because it taunted him.

It taunted him from the day he broke down into a million pieces, just because he couldn't bare a single thing.

It taunted him hard.

Just he pushed the feeling away and drifted into thought as he cleaned his body, letting the warm water drip down his hair onto the shower floor.

Before he knew it a knock sounded from the door, nearly making the poor boy fall. But he caught himself just in time, then peaked out the curtain, seeing that the door had been slightly opened, not opened enough for someone to see you, but opened enough for them to head you.

"Zak? You've been in the shower for so long," He heard his friend speak, with a sigh of relief he relaxed his shoulders, which he didn't notice were tensed up.

"Oh! Sorry Darryl, I got lost in thought. I'll be out in a minute or two!" Zak replied, hearing the door shut. He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply, shutting off the water.

Zak grabbed a nearby towel and dried his hair the best he could, he really did need a hair cut. He looked at himself in the mirror, his dark eyes were slightly narrowed for no exact reason, but he shrugged and continued to dry himself.

-

Zak walked out of the bathroom, only to see his friend on the couch, which happened to be near the bathroom. Darryl was on his phone, scrolling through most likely twitter. Zak made way over to the tall male.

"Wha-cha doin'?" Zak asked, sounding like any annoying high school girl near their crush. Bleh.

"Just scrolling through twitter. Also, George wants to go live soon and asked if we wanted to stream with him, I haven't replied yet, I figured waiting for you to decide would be best."

Zak simply nodded, bot exactly answering his friends questions. Zak propped himself up, since he was leaning over the edge of the couch to see the others phone. And made his way to the kitchen.

"Did you eat anything yet?" Zak asked, the fridge door wide open, his eyes scanning the shelves.

"No, I wanted to wait for you to get out of the shower, since I didn't know if you wanted go do anything." It was this very moment that Zak realized his friend talked a lot more in person then over call.

"Ah, makes since, you did practically tell me to hurry up, when I was in the shower." Zak felt himself slightly blush at that, mentally screaming at himself for it.

"Well—okay, you caught me there, you muffinhead!" Darryl let out a breathy laugh that made Zak's heart flutter. Gosh, what was this feeling?

"Anyways, what do you want to eat? I don't have my food, I haven't went shopping yet this week." That was indeed a lie. The last time Zak went shopping was unknown, he just savored his food greatly.

"Oh, thats quite alright, i'm not that hungry yet so dont stress it! We could always go out for food later." Darryl replied from the couch, Zak was quite happy that his friend wasn't looking.

Zak looked like a red disaster.

No matter how hard Zak tried to dim the redness, it just stayed, when he left the room it was gone, but whenever he was near Darryl it was there.

-

Zak tried to hide his face from his friend all day, the flutter in his stomach only growing every time the other was remotely close to him.

It got to the point where Darryl had to hold Zak's face to get the smaller to look at him.

So here we are now.

Darryl had a hand under Zak's chin, practically forcing him to look up, their position wasn't helpful either.

Zak was backed into a wall, his entire back pressed against it. to put it short; Zak was screwed.

Zak looked up into his friends eyes, the flutter in his stomach only growing more, his face a deep, deep red hue.

"Zak, whats up with you today? You seem all.. Goofy," Darryl finally spoke, not taking his eyes off Zak and clearly not noticing the position they were in.

Zak let out a small squeak, unable to speak to his friend, his mind was filled with so many thoughts.

"Zak?" He heard his friend speaking, but his mouth was to dry to comprehend words and even if it could, he was to flustered to make up words.

Zak knew his eyes were widened, he knew because he felt them, but he was somehow unable to let them go back to normal.

"I—wh—" Zak began, words finally mustering into his mind, his face feeling like his skin was burning into his bones.

What didn't help even more is the fact that he could feel the others breaths hit his cheek and neck softly.

Zak squirmed, trying to move away from the taller male, who simply locked him in place even more.

"Zak—im not letting you go until you tell me why your acting like this," Darryl tried to reason with his friend, but Zak was hardly having it.

Could Darryl seriously not see how Zak was feeling at this moment? Was Darryl seriously so oblivious to the fact that Zak had feelings for the other?

Feelings?

No.

Zak did not like Darryl.

Well...

Maybe just a bit

Zak nearly melted from his friends touch, his eyes gleaming into the taller male's. He wanted to close the gap between the two but refused from making the move. He wasn't that confident.

"Its just that me and my.. Sister got into an argument.. And now shes angry at me." Zak came up with as he spoke, he make sure it was believable, well it clearly was, Darryl frowned, looking down at a Zak who was fake being sad. Ironic.

"Zak.. Why didn't you tell me sooner? I could have helped you feel better!" Darryl finally let go of Zak, who just started to seem in a hurry.

"Yeah, uhm.. Can we talk about this later? I have to use the bathroom." And with that, Zak was long gone.

-

1263 words. Ima speedrun this fanfic like dream does with Minecraft. Also this chapter felt just wrong to write—

I hope you have a good day, night, or afternoon! Ily!