Sorry for disappearing once again haha...

-

The door practically slammed shut.

Zak took a deep breath, finally being able to breath normally without Ava being in the room, stinking the place up with the sickly-sweet smell of lavender mixed with vanilla.

It could have been a good smell, if it weren't for the person who carried it. Zak let out a small breath before turning around, only to greeted with the glare of his friend.

Zak immediately felt himself slump back into himself, teeth biting down onto the inner layer of his cheek, blood pouring over the flat of his tongue once he let go.

"Zak, what was that?" Darryl asked, moving back over to the couch, his hands resting in his lap, the sigh that left his mouth only adding emphasis to his words, looking into Zak's eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Zak finally uttered out, grabbing the cups that sat on the table, walking over to the kitchen sink with haste, placing the cups into the sink, his hand reaching over for the blue sponge that was placed just beside the sink.

Darryl stood up after Zak, heading after him with a heavy frown, he grabbed Zak's arm, turning him around, forcing him to look him in the eyes. "Yes, you do."

All he was returned with was a glare from the other, who was now attempting to push him away, a soft scoff leaving his mouth. "Fine, I'm sorry." He spoke, his voice dipping with sarcasm.

"Zak—what's your problem?" Darryl asked, his tone now significantly softer, coming out like honey dipped in sugar.

He let go of the other, taking a step back, giving Zak space.

"I don't have a problem." The words spilled out of his mouth, he turned back to the sink, squeezing a generous amount of dish soap in the sponge, running it under the tap water.

"Totally." Darryl remarked, his tone more annoyed than he'd expected, he took a few steps, standing right beside Zak, watching as he carefully.

Zak rolled his eyes in response, a lighthearted grin spreading across his face, reaching a steady down into the sink, grabbing one of the cups, starting to wash it.

"You know, it's rude to stare." Zak broke the tense atmosphere, looking over at his friend, flashing him a smile before going back to washing the cups, a laugh pressing past his lips.

"Oh, my goodness, you're ridicules," A sweet laugh left Darryl's mouth, glancing away from Zak and grabbing a towel hanging off the handle of the oven, grabbing one of the wet cups that were being placed on the counter.

"I know," Zak snickered, running the sponge under the water once again before placing it back where it used to be, cleaning the soap off his hands and turning off the water, watching as Darryl dried the cups.

"You muffin head," He stated, placing the cups down on the counter before turning back to Zak, a smile moving back to his face.

-

503 words (ack, short.)

I'm back and I finally have a bit of motivation, yippy