19

Darryl's PoV.
(First person.)

I was shaking, literally shaking. My friend, no. My best friend just passed out. How else am I supposed to react to that?

The doctors told me to wait outside the room. So here I am. Sitting in a chair that stayed in front of the room. The doctors told me Zak passed out from stress, but he seemed perfectly fine the entire time I was with him.

Why would he even hide something like that from me?

I started to feel uneasy, A couple people walked the halls as I stood, maybe water will help.

I made my way towards the nearest fountain. I grabbed a cup from the side and filled it with water, downing it quickly.

I felt my phone ding in my pocket and I pulled it out. I got a message. It was from Ava, my cousin.

If I'm being honest, at the start, the only reason I said I would meet up with Zak was because Ava lived near him.

But, over time, I realized that maybe I did also come here for Zak. He made me happy, well he always did, but more now then ever. Especially when he would wrap around my arm when he's tired.

I feel bad for lying to him, I really do, but I cant tell him the plan. If I did then, well, it wouldn't be special nor a surprise. But I cant do it if Zak is out like a light.

I mentally slapped myself for mentally joking about it, I decided to walk back to the seat, Zak's parents hadn't been informed because if wasn't that big of a thing.

It was a pretty long walk back to the seat so I took out my phone and decided to scroll through Twitter while walking.

Needless to say, my search history on Twitter is.. Questionable, well, questionable in a good way. Not in a bad way. Well, it really depends on the person seeing it.

I had arrived back at the seat and was patiently sitting on it while scrolling through Twitter.

I shrugged for no apparent reason and decided to post a tweet.
'I have big plans soon.. Might backfire but its worth a shot' I typed out before rereading it several times. I posted it and immediately it started getting likes.

Just as I was about to reply to one of Tommy's comments, I got called into the room.

Okay, if I wasn't shaking before. I was now. Once I entered the room I saw Zak, who, was sat up, a hand to his face.

My eyes widened and I walked over to him, placing a hand on his shoulder to make him aware of my presence.

"Darryl..?" I heard him mumble softly, I simply hummed a reply and started rubbing circles on his shoulder. I'll ask him about the stress topic later.

"What happened?" He asked slowly, removing his hand from his face and looking up at me with saddened eyes.

"I'll tell you everything when we get back," I responded, trying to keep my composure, but secretly, I wanted nothing more then to squeeze the male until I die.

Zak only nodded in respond and I turned to the doctor that was in the room.

"Is he good to go home?" I asked politely, allowing my voice to sound like its normal perky self even if I wasn't fully feeling it.

The doctor nodded a response and got out the papers for the bill.

-

Zak and I were in my car, heading back to his place. I payed for the bill even though he insisted on paying it.

It was silent, and not a comfortable one. I glanced over at Zak, who was looking at the window with his hands in his lap.

I wanted to start a conversation, but how would I even start it? He just got out of the hospital for crying out loud!

"Thank you." I heard, it was quiet and soft, but loud enough for me to hear.
"No problem, it's what friends are for," I looked over to him and smiled, his gaze stayed on the window.

I wondered if I said something wrong, his expression seemed to both soften and become more well, sad, when I said that.

"So, what do you want to do when we get back?" I asked, trying to strike up a conversation, thats when I realized me and Zak hadn't done much together for the week i've been here.

"Sleep," I chuckled at this, my eyes flicking from the road back to Zak, who had his eyes closed and his head leaning on the window.

"Wanna cuddle when we get back?" I simply asked, my eyes flicking back to the road, out of the corner of my eye I can see Zak's face grow red, I smile softly at this.

-

We arrived at Zak's place and he immediately ran up to his apartment and into his bedroom. I assumed he was changing so I waited outside the room.

After around five minutes I got bored and knocked on the door, only to see a spread out Zak.

He was laying on his back in a starfish position, arms spread out along with his legs, I felt my face slightly heat up but ignored it.

"So, do you want to cuddle or not?" I asked, leaning against the door frame. He looked up at me and did grabby hands, making me laugh slightly.

I made my way towards him and he shuffled to the side of the bed, allowing me room to lay down.

Once I laid down he immediately latched onto me, making me laugh and flinch at his neediness.

I wrapped an arm around his back and pulled him closer, putting my other hand on his face, caressing his cheek softly.

I felt the familiar heat rise to my face and my stomach flutter. He let out a soft grunt and buried his face into my neck.

I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy this, because I did. A lot. I felt Zak shift, wrapping his leg around one of my legs, which made me blush ever so slightly.

This was going to be a long night. (People in the comments: I didn't mean it like THAT- I swear-)

1069 words.
sorry if its bad— I dont really know how to write first person lol.

Have a great day, night, or afternoon! ily!