15

A/N: This chapter is pretty much filled with fluff nearing the middle to the end— Angst coming soon :D

-

Zak was laying flat on his back, a smile on his face, though it didn't quite reach his eyes. He expected Darryl to be back hours ago, but nope. He was alone.

He had his phone in hand, waiting for a message from his friend, or literally anything to happen. He felt empty, his hair flopped to the side instead of the normal bouncy way it usually was.

His eyes were half lidded, but he refused to fall asleep, not until his friend came back.

He let out a shaky sigh, letting his mouth relax, lowing the smile.

He ran his fingers through his dark hair, it normally calmed him down, but his mind was filled with to much stress at the moment.

Not only was it stress, but hundreds of questions ran through Zak's mind, it was like a tornado had opened his head and twisted in his thoughts.

Zak rolled over, now laying on his stomach, he felt uncomfortable but refused to move or get up.

It was late at night, around eleven, Zak would normally be fast asleep by now.

Every single thought in his head was about Darryl. Mainly things like: 'who was the girl' or 'is Darryl ever even going to come back?'

His thoughts were stopped by the door opening, his entire body tensed. He left the door unlocked.

While it may be his friend, it could also very easily be someone who wanted to harm Zak or perhaps steal from him.

He quickly shuffled to his feet, his mind racing and vision blurred from how fast he stood up.

He heard foot steps walking to his closed door, he shut his eyes tight.

'Is this really how I die?' Zak thought to himself before shuffling in place, backing up and falling back on his bed.

There was a knock on the bedroom door, interrupting his pondering. His head shot up to look at the door.

"Come in?" Zak let out in a pretty loud voice, the way he said it made it seem like it was a question, not a answer.

The door swung open and his friend walked in, leaning on the doorway slightly.

"Hi 'Geppy!" Zak blushed at his, he loved it when his friends tone was so cheery and happy.

"Hey, welcome back," Zak had to use a lot of self control to not just down right say 'Hows the date?' in a snotty way.

"Thanks! Oh, and just so you know, i'm going out with a friend tomorrow, ill most likely be gone by the time your up."

It took a moment for Zak to process, Darryl was going to leave him? Again?

Zak smiled, it didn't quite reach his eyes, and replied with a simple "Okay."

-

Zak and Darryl have been up for a while, they were watching the television on Zak's Tv, which was in his room.

Zak was wrapped around in a fluffy white blanket while Darryl just say on top of it. Even if it was freezing, well, to Zak at least.

He shivered tightening his grip on the warm blanket that was wrapped around his cold body.

Zak had his thighs pressed against his chest, the blanket on his shoulders, touching his chin, to his feet.

Zak felt warm arms wrap around him, he turned his head, only to be greeted with a smile from the older.

Zak felt his face burn, he swayed to the side and let himself lean on Darryl, who responded with putting a protective hand on the males shoulder,
locking him in place.

Needless to say, Zak was on cloud nine. His heart pounded in his ears, entirely forgetting that his best friend had left him for hours.

Zak wrapped both his arms around Darryl's arm, leaning him head on it slightly, he scrunched his legs so they were half on his friends lap.

Zak smiled to himself, then he felt a warm hand glide through his hair, he practically melted into the touch, his head tilting upwards to the hand.

He felt the hand stop and let out a whine of disapproval, his friend just laughed and continued to tend to the others hair.

-

The movie had ended a little over an hour ago, Zak and Darryl were cuddled up, jist enjoying each others company.

They had moved positions, Darryl was laying on his back, on the couch, while Zak was completely on top on him, a head on the older boy's chest.

Zak's left hand was on his friends shoulder, his other was close to his face.

He loved the warmth.

He loved the flutter in his stomach.

He loved how his friend would say his name.

This was way more then the 'silly little crush' his mind sought it out to be, he was clearly in love. But both were oblivious to this.

Zak's breaths were even and slow, his eye lids shutting themselves peacefully.

It wont be long until im here,

Soon ill make my arrival,

Under shady trees, a quiet street.

The road that I have traveled.

-

911 words. uH—

Okay yes ik, short chapter but I cant add anymore without breaking the fluff and I wont have that.

Also quick question— Do you guys want longer chapters but less frequent, or shorter chapters but more frequent?

Have a great day, night, or afternoon! Ily!