20

Zak woke up slowly, his eyes opening only for him to find himself squinting at the light that shone through the windows.

He looked around for a bit, laying flat on his back. He gazed over the ceiling, tiredness still in his system.

He heard a small grunt from beside him, then felt an arm wrap around his torso, pulling him into Darryl's chest. Zak blushed awkwardly, turning his head to see his friend with closed eyes.

Zak smiled softly and turned his position, facing the other. He felt Darryl's arm wrap around his side to his back, then pulled him in closer to his chest.

Zak blushed harder, placing his forehead on Darryl's collarbone and closing his eyes once again.

-

When Zak woke up a second time he was no longer with Darryl, he glanced around the room and groaned, sitting up. The blankets sliding down his chest and onto his lap.

He got out of bed and walked to his kitchen, seeing Darryl on his phone, he raised an eyebrow and walked over to the male.

"Oh! Morning Zak!" He said cheery, Zak, however, simply grunted in response and sat down in a chair nearby.

"What are you doing?" Zak asked tiredly, his mind blank as he stared at the male, leaning his cheek in his hand absentmindedly.

"Messaging someone," He said bluntly, his eyes glancing up at him, then back to his phone.

"Oh, alright. Who?" Zak asked, he didn't want to seem pushy but he was curious, a little to curious.

"No one," Zak blinked, becoming slightly skeptical of the male, but decided not to push him further.

Zak sighed lightly, then stood up, walking over to the kitchen to grab some food, but he turned shaking his head, walking back over to his seat.

"Aren't you going to eat something?" Darryl asked, looking at Zak, tilting his head lightly.

"No, i'm not hungry. Anyways, what do you want to do today?" He asked, sitting back down in his seat, looking at his friend.

"Hm, I was thinking of one thing but I dont know," Darryl started, his lips forming a slight smile.

"Oh? Well, what is it?" He asked, a wide grin on his face. His gaze never leaving his friend.

"I was thinking we go ice skating? I haven't done it in a while and I feel like it will be fun," He responded, a soft laugh escaping his mouth afterwards.

Zak thought for a moment, sure, Ice skating would be fun, but he didn't exactly know how to do it.

"Erm—sure! There's an ice skating rink down by the stores, we can go there." Zak simply said, immediately regretting agreeing.

Darryl grinned excitedly, then stood up happily, walking over to the fridge, opening it.

"When do you want to leave? I can change quickly." Zak said, watching his friend bouncing with excitement, he kind of reminded Zak of a puppy, so energetic.

"Probably around twenty minutes? I got nothing better to do," Darryl answered, laughing shortly, his smile never fading. He shut the fridge door, then turned to face Zak.

"Alright," Zak shrugged, then laughed, his eyes widening as he felt himself being softly pushed.

"Great! Now go get ready!" Darryl shooed Zak away, his grin never fading.

Zak turned his head a bit, then went over to his room, closing the door behind him. He let out a small giggled, then walked over to his dresser.

He opened a drawer and pulled out a pair of blue sweatpants and his merch to match.

He looked at the clothes, then blinked, fazing back to reality, not even realizing he had spaced out.

He quickly put on the clothes, not really wanting to have his friend wait on him - even if he was givin twenty minutes to get ready.

After he put on his clothes he went over to his bathroom, looking in the mirror, the  ran a hand through his hair, letting out a small sigh.

He closed his eyes, taking a moment to relax them. They kind of hurt, as well as his head, but he shook it off.

He felt a weight on his shoulder and back, then two arms wrap around his waist, he opened his eyes confused, then he felt another weight on his right shoulder.

He turned his head a bit and blushed, seeing his friend, he opened his mouth about to say something, but was interrupted.

"Hiya," Darryl said, never moving his head, he tilted it a bit, smiling wide while looking at Zak.

"Hello," Zak responded, then looked at the male in the mirror, only just realizing how red his own face was.

Darryl moved his head up, letting go of Zak and turned him around, studying his face closely.

"Are you sick? You're all red," He muttered out, then placed his hand on the shorter's cheek.

"No, I'm not sick." Zak let out, blushing slightly harder, his face a crimson red.

"Hm." Zak looked at his friend, who, moved his hand, which was now on his forehead, seeing if it was hot.

"Darryl, I promise, I am not sick. Okay?" He mumbled, then moved away from the taller's touch, leaning on the marble counter.

Zak watched as his friend put his hands in his pockets. He looked up, gazing into Darryl's eyes.

"Promise?" Darryl asked, moved one of his hands out his pocket, sticking his pinky finger up. "Pinky promise?" He added, looking at Zak.

Zak giggled a bit, then hooked his pinky with his friends, grinning like an idiot. "Promise."

-

954 words.
Lol that took way longer then it should have to get out a chapter- sorry it's short.

Have a great day, night, or afternoon! Ily!