18

Zak had already uploaded the video, it got a decent around of views in just a few minutes, he smiled to himself and walked over to his bed, sitting on it.

He ran his fingers through his hair and waited for his friend to get back.

Right.

Friend.

Why was Zak so caught up on Darryl? I mean sure, Darryl was sweet, loving, and overall amazing, but that doesn't explain a thing.

Zak grunted and laid back on his bed, wondering why he was even feeling this for his friend.

Friend.

Zak repeated that over and over and over again, man,

Because thats all they were.

Friends

Zak put his hands in his hair, closing his eyes tightly. Its a strategy he learned for when he panics.

Hands in hair,
Slow your breath,
Act like nothing happened.
(kids, dont use this tactic, dont act like nothing happened, it only ends badly)

And, believe it or not, it always works.

Zak would have just continued to repeat 'Friend' in his mind if it weren't for his door opening.

"Oh! Hello Zak!" Darryl cheerfully let out, walking over to the bed and sitting on it, causing Zak to be at a tilt from the weight exchange.

"Why where you out so long?" He groaned, his tone louder at the end. He looked up at Darryl, a frown spread on his face.

"I already told you, I was out with a friend," Darryl pointed out, but it didn't satisfy Zak.

"Doing what?" He pushed, sitting up in his spot, now looking at his lap as it his back slouched over. He glanced at his friend, who tensed slightly.

"Just.. Uh- I was.. Looking.. At animals?" He stumbled over his words, Zak grew slightly aggravated by this and stood up. He was already angry as it is. Why was Darryl just making this harder?

Darryl seemed to notice Zak's aggravation and tried to calm him down, standing up next to him and putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Skeppy—" The taller started in a pity voice, Zak shrugged his friends hand off his shoulder and tried walking away, but his wrist was grabbed.

"Let go." Zak sternly let out, glaring at his friend, who shook his head and frowned even more then he was already.

"Zak, are you okay..?" He asked, Zak scuffed and yanked his hand back, swiftly turning around to face his friend. He was done.

Just done.

He tried so hard to hide this.
To shove it down, lock it away.
But why was he feeling this way?
He knew he liked Darryl,
he knew he did.
So why was it this hard to except that his friend will never like him back?

This was all Zak could think before his world went black and he fell forward.

-

"Whats wrong with him? Why did he pass out?" Zak could hear, but he couldn't see. He couldn't open his eyes.

"He passed out from stress. We dont know the cause of this stress, but when you look at the readings.." The voice fades and Zak fell back into a trance of nothingness.

-

564 words. Very short chapter, also didn't look over this chapter sooo.. On another note, I think the book is nearly at its end, nearly. And who knows, maybe next chapter is Bads PoV? Who knows..

Have a good day, night, or afternoon! ily!