Chapter 1

A/N : First chapter. Starting Season 1 Episode 1. Enjoy :)

Tree Hill High School basic's Saturday Night means basketball and by basketball, I mean watching Nathan Scott leading the Ravens to victory once again. Sitting in the bleachers with my Soccer friends, I watch as my best friend is being summoned by Coach Durham. Dan Scott, Nathan's father, doesn't seem pleased by that and I understand. Nathan's an ass but he's an awesome player.

"What is he thinking about?" Dan growls.

"Don't worry, Mister Scott. Two more points and Nate will be back on the field." I chuckle knowing how it'll go.

"I guess you're right, Taylor." The old man smirks seeing Nathan standing and making his way back to the field.

            I chuckle too and look at my best friend taking the last shot. Everyone jumps on him excitedly and I can't help but smile at his cockiness. Same old Nathan. Once the boys are done with the celebrations, they head out wanting to steal a school bus or something.

"I guess that's my cue, then." I say to the team.

"Come on, Tay." Nathan sighs. "It's going to be fun."

"Sure, if by fun you mean getting kicked out the soccer team." I shake my head at his pouting face. "You know my dad isn't there to save my ass, Nate."

"True. Too bad." He smirks.

"Same goes for me." Peyton adds. "I'm not in the mood."

"Sure. Have fun by yourselves then." Nathan leaves nonchalantly. 

"I hate him like that." Peyton confesses.

"I'm used to it, I guess." I chuckle patting her shoulder.

"Lucky you." Peyton smiles. "I'll call you if I get bored by myself."

"As if it could be happening." I laugh at the blonde girl. "I know you love your loneliness, P. Sawyer."

"Brooke has a hold on you, Tay." Peyton smirks.

"She does not. I just like that nickname." I nudge her playfully.

"Whatever you say. Be careful on your way home." The blonde girl winks and leaves.

            I go to my car and make my way home.

The next evening after hearing the basketball team has been suspended, I try to go to see Nathan, but no one is here. I just drive back home to find it empty once again. No Dad, no Mom. As always. It seems to happen a lot around here if I'm being honest. Nathan's mother is never home, Peyton's father same, Brooke's parents are almost unknown, and my parents aren't any better.

            I lay on my bed listening to some music when my phone rings. Peyton.

"Hey there, tortured girl." I chuckle answering the call.

"First, don't call me that." Peyton growls. "Second, your best friend is an ass."

"What's new?" I smirk.

"I'm tired of this relationship, Tay." The other girl sighs. "Seriously, I don't know if I can continue like this..."

"What's with the sudden change, Peyton?" I wonder worriedly. "Did something happen?"

"Not really. I just can't understand why he is acting like that." She confesses.

"He's trying to be tough but he's not and we know that." I try to calm things down. "His dad puts a lot of pressure on him."

"It doesn't make it understandable." Peyton growls again.

"Trust me, I know. I was just saying." This time I sigh. "What are you going to do?"

"Gave him one last shot. We'll see where it is going." She explains.

"I'll try to put some sense back into him."

"Thanks, Tay. You're a good friend, did I tell you that already?" I can hear the smile in her voice.

"Anything for you, P." I hang up.

            The next day, I decide to go to Nathan's house once again. We usually shoot some baskets before going to school and as always, I find him training.

"Care if I beat your ass, Superstar?" I tease taking the ball and he raises his eyebrow.

"As if you could, Soccer Star." He chuckles.

"Wanna see?" I throw the ball in the basket.

"Not that bad, who are you training with since you're five already?" He fakes wondering.

"The name is Dan Scott, I guess." I smirk and his smile drops.

"Bitch."

"Just a joke, Nathan." I roll my eye. "So, I heard about your fight with Peyton, what's up?"

"She told you... just great." He puts the ball on the floor and takes his bottle walking to his fitness room.

"Of course, she did. I seem to be the only person to still think you've got a heart." I chuckle.

"Maybe they are right, Tay." Nathan sits on the bench.

"No, they are not." I sigh. "Listen, Nathan. I know you're going through a lot because of your father but Peyton has nothing to do with it. I know you guys aren't like the perfect couple but maybe you can try to be a little less hard on her."

"I'm trying. Hard." Nathan looks sincere. "But she is always so dark and stressed and she just seems to attract my bastard of a brother a lot."

"Lucas likes Peyton?" I question.

"I guess, he can't stop starring. It makes me mad." Nathan explains. "Plus, Whitey wants him in the team. How can he even think it's a good idea?"

"I've seen him play, he is not that bad, Nate." I shrug.

"Please, not you too." Nathan pouts.

"You'll always be my number one, I swear." I point at him playfully. "But stop worrying about him, you're way better."

"Sure, and if he wants to stay at his best, he has to work out." Dan arrives. "How much are you planning on slinging?"

"I'll see you, Nate." I tell Nathan. "Goodbye, mister Scott."

"Have a nice day, Taylor. Say hi to your dad for me." Dan points at me.

"Sure thing." I smile and leave.