Chapter 22

Brooke called me telling me everything is fine, they found Larry alive and safe. I am really happy about that and I decide to wait for Peyton after school so I can have news from her. I walk in the hallway and see Lucas kissing Peyton and Peyton kissing back. I hide and look at the interaction. Bastards. I decide to go to the Park shooting some baskets to calm my nerves.

"I don't know if I'm being lucky to find you here or not." Haley chuckles embarrassingly.

"What do you mean, Hales?" I chuckle at her stressed state.

"Remember that PE test we have soon?"

"Yes, what about that?" I frown and she throws the ball in the air missing the basket by far. "Ouch, I see what it is about."

"Don't laugh at me." Haley glares.

"Aren't you dating one of the greatest players of our generation?" I tease.

"I do, this is why I can't embarrass myself in front of him."

"Let me help you." I put my ball near my bag, send a text to Nathan and go back to the girl.

            I show her some moves and technics, but I can't say she is doing very well. I chuckle at her last attempt and catch the ball.

"Can we talk about something?" I ask unsure.

"Yeah, go on."

"Well, if you see something bad happening that could hurt one of your friends if they find out, would you tell your friend about what you saw?" I try to not give too many details.

"Well, this is really hard to tell with so many details." She chuckles trying to know more, but a car park behind me.

"Guess that's my cue." I smile looking at Nathan.

"Did you call him?" Haley eyes suspiciously.

"He taught me everything." I wink at her. "Trust me, he will help better than I do."

"Thanks, Tay." Nathan winks at me.

            I let them talk and I drive back home. I park in front of my house and rush inside when I see my parents are back. I help them with the stuff they brought back and then we decide to drink a bit all together.

"Mom?" I ask unsure.

"Yes, sweetie." She smiles. "What's up?"

"If you see one of your friends cheating on one of your other friends, would you say something to that other friend?" I wonder.

"Well, it depends. Did you talk to that cheating friend?"

"Nope, I can't face them. I'm disappointed honestly."

"You know, Taylor, it is not your love story, so don't get into it too deep. Try to talk with your friend, see what they are saying. After that, you will have answers."

"Thanks, Mom." I smile. "I'm going to spend the night out, don't wait on me."

            I drive to Karen's Café willing to see Haley, but I find her talking to Peyton. They both look at me, but I turn around and walk away. Peyton runs after me and makes me stop.

"Hey, Tay." She smiles. "I was hoping we could spend some time together. I miss you."

"Lucas is not there to kiss it better?" I harshly say.

"Wait, what?" Peyton turns red.

"I saw you, Peyton. In the hallway." I state.

"Oh..." She whispers. "I'm feeling bad about it, it shouldn't have happened."