Chapter 36

During the afternoon, I'm hanging out with Peyton and Brooke so we can get ready and all. Brooke keeps on making pictures of Peyton in weird situation, this time is under the shower.

"Can you actually save this one for me?" I chuckle and ask Brooke.

"No way in hell." Brooke glares at me.

"Hey." Haley enters the room. "Is Peyton around? She said she was going to loan me something to wear."

"Yeah, she'll be out in a second." Brooke answers while hurrying up to put Peyton's picture on her profile.

"Oh my God!" Haley panics. "Where did you get that picture of her?"

"You've got to love modern technology." Brooke seems so proud and enthusiastic. "It's for a little project that I'm doing to help expand her horizons."

"By posting nude pictures of her on the Internet?" Haley frowns.

"Don't worry, she's going to thank me when she sees the guys that are lining up." Brooke denies.

"Or kill you, maybe." I chuckle still laying on Peyton's bed.

"Oh, he's cute." Haley comments. "Oh, really cute."

"Married girl, one more word and you're dead too." I warn jokingly.

"Oh, that's what I'm talking about." Haley smirks looking at the computer.

"Down, girl." Brooke says with a smile. "You can look at the menu all you want but from now on, you eat at home."

"Nice one, B. Davis." I laugh.

"Thanks, baby." She bites her tongue happily.

            The party is going well, everyone has fun, Lucas takes pictures of everyone, Brooke and Mouth are choosing the music, Peyton is getting tattooed, and I'm drinking some sweet alcoholic beverage.

"They're here! They're here!" Brooke excitedly announces in the mic.

            We all gather and wait for them to arrive. Everyone is cheering loudly, and Nathan and Haley appear. They walk to us and hug us happily. As everyone is celebrating, I spot Deb entering the place. I go to her with a smile.

"Hey, Miss Scott." I smile. "It's so nice to see you here."

"Hey, Taylor..." She seems upset. "Nice party."

"Yeah, Lucas organized it. We helped a bit and here we are." I explain. "I'm glad you decided to come."

"Yes... I wasn't sure about that, but I've got a gift too." Deb hands me a package.

"Go put it on the table." I wink at her. "Nathan will be happy to see you here."

"Thank you."

            I continue to party until I've found myself alone with Brooke at the bar.

"What's up?" I wonder seeing her thoughtful look.

"Do you think this could really just be about love?" She asks seriously.

"It is, Brooke." I sigh. "Haley and Nathan love each other, for real. Their love deserves to be highlight by something as pure and honest as their wedding."

"Do you believe in true love?"

"Of course, I've been lucky enough to experience it recently." I smile thinking about Julie. "It worths the wait."

"Do you miss her?" Brooke looks at me sadly.

"Every second." I drink a bit.

"Let's have fun, tonight." Brooke offers. "It might help us feel better."

"Good idea." I chuckle and we go to the dancefloor.

            An hour later, it's time for the speeches. Since Deb has disappeared and Dan is, of course, not able to join us tonight, I'll be Nathan's speech maker.

"Okay, well, if anyone tried to warn me about this day at the beginning of the year, I would probably have laughed at them. I would have dreamed for it to happen, but I would not have believed it. When I first introduced Haley and Nathan, I was scared of what he could do to her, but, in fact, I should have worried about what she could do to him." Everyone chuckles. "Haley, you've changed him for the best, so thank you. Thank you for making him smile every day, thank you for having his back when I am not here, thank you for the happiness you've brought to his life."

            I look at Nathan before continuing. I can see small tears forming in his eyes and I know he is truly happy right now.

"Nathan, where can I start? My best friend, my brother, my shoulder to cry on, my incredible Superstar. I'm so proud of you, I'll tell you a million times if it is what it takes for you to believe it. I'm so happy for you, and I hope that everybody in here will be too after acknowledging how great you two are together." I raise my glass. "To true love, which lights up your life and shows you the way."

            I let Lucas talk and then we end the party all together. This night, I walk home with Brooke, we stop in front of our respective homes and it feels like she has something to say.

"Tay?" She stops and looks at me. "Am I really in your elevator list?"

"Sure thing, you are." I chuckle.

"Good, because you're in mine too." She walks back to me. "I've missed you, a lot. And I wish we can spend more time together now that Julie is gone."

"I'd like that too." I smile.

"Fun." She kisses my cheek, real close to my mouth. "Sleep tight, Soccer Girl."

"Sleep tight, Brooke."