Chapter 13

First Saturday without a game in years, I've decided to go to Nathan's game against Pickerington. Peyton and Brooke pick me up at school and we drive to the other city. We're having fun listening to Peyton's music while Brooke tells us all about Lucas and how great he seems.

We arrive at the stadium and I walk with them near the pitch. Then, Brooke starts to tell us about her theory of the love rectangle plus one according to which Nathan likes Haley who likes Lucas, but Brooke likes Lucas, and she is kind of lost with me and Peyton. Peyton looks at me with an incredulous look and we laugh.

"You two might as well date for what I know." Brooke shrugs and we both look at her with a strange look. "What? You're closer than ever. And you're both fucking hot, try it."

"You're the worst." Peyton laughs and I do the same.

"She is Nathan's ex." I comment. "She is a "don't touch" field."

"Is that even a thing?" Brooke frowns.

"Yes, and if not for you, you should try it." I chuckle and walk to the bleachers.

            The game is awful, and Nathan throws a ball in Lucas' back. They start to fight, and the referee sends them both to the locker room. During the fight, Brooke gets a rolled ankle and Peyton asks me to help her. I bring Brooke to the medical place and I wait with Peyton.

"So, I'm a "don't touch" field?" Peyton wiggles her eyebrows.

"Absolutely, plus I love you too much to break your heart." I wink at her.

"Would you?" She asks and I frown. "Break my heart, do you think you could?"

"I don't know, P. Honestly, I'm not good at love. You deserve better than that. I'm a good friend but a shitty lover." I tell her.

"Brooke doesn't seem to think that." Peyton smiles. "She told me you two could be a thing once she is ready for love."

"Yeah... I said that." I blush and look at the floor.

"Why don't you take a chance on her?" Peyton asks.

"She is not ready. I don't want to be the one getting hurt because she will keep playing around."

"I get that." Peyton says and we hear the door opening revealing Haley. "What are you still doing here?"

"I'm thinking of transferring." Haley jokes around.

"Then, stop doing it." I pout. "You're stuck with us, sucker."

"I hate you, T." Haley chuckles. "No, but what's your excuse?"

"Brooke." Peyton smiles a bit. "She's been in there forever."

            At the same moment, Brooke gets out of the room looking really happy. A little too happy. She starts complimenting Peyton and I laugh.

"And this is my maybe future girlfriend... if I decide to be a good girl." Brooke chuckles and kisses my cheek.

            She goes back to Peyton and the doc explains us what happened. We walk back to the car and Brooke invites Haley for the drive back home. Peyton is driving, Haley is sitting next to her and I'm behind with Brooke who is overexcited.

"Maybe future girlfriend, huh?" Peyton teases.

"Shut up, P. Sawyer." I chuckle and hit her shoulder.

"I could see it too." Haley smiles at me. "Except with her behavior right now."

Brooke is shaking her pom-pom everywhere like a child and it drives me mad. Haley and Peyton laugh together, and I could get used to their friendship. Suddenly, Brooke decides to throw her pom-pom away, much for my relief. Then, she turns to me and giggles before messing with Haley and Peyton about Lucas and Nathan.

"Boring." Brooke says coming back to me. "Distract me, Soccer Girl."

"How so?" I chuckle and she smirks widely.

"Strip." She says but a strange noise makes her look at her girls again. "I hear birds."

"Tell me it was not the gas alert..." I facepalm myself.

            The girls are having a talk about what they are going to do, and I tell them to go, I'll take care of Brooke while they are gone. Peyton agrees immediately. She closes the car and I sit thoughtfully.

"What is going on that beautiful head of yours?" Brooke looks at me seductively.

"Things are changing, Brooke." I whisper.

"What?" She frowns and becomes serious.

"Lucas, Haley, Peyton, Nathan, us..." I say to her. "Everything is changing, and I might actually like it."

"What do you mean?"

"Never mind." I chuckle seeing her confused face. "You should sleep."

"Only if we cuddle." She smiles and I open my arm.

            Brooke cuddles my side and we fell asleep quickly.

I'm only waking up when I hear Peyton's voice from distance. She opens the car and I open the door. I move a bit and Brooke falls on the ground sleeping deeply. Haley and Peyton laugh at her while I look at them guiltily. I make Brooke lay her head down on my knees and I caress her hair peacefully until Peyton nearly kill us. Brooke wakes up wondering why Haley is there. That girl....

            Twenty minutes later, we meet Nathan and Lucas together on the road. We stop and they come with us. Brooke jumps on my knees and Nathan sits next to me.

"What is going on?" Nathan whispers.

"The weirdest night of my life." I whisper back.

Best Of Both Worlds (Brooke Davis / OC)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें