Chapter 19

I'm at the mall with my mom, it's been years since we've actually done something nice together. She came back after a week or so and she seems to be here to stay. Once we're done with shopping, my mom offers me an ice cream, soft spot in my heart.

"Tell me, Taylor." My mom says eating her ice cream. "When is your next game?"

"Wednesday afternoon." I smile.

"Would you like me and Dad to be there?" She asks sweetly.

"You'd do that?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Yeah, I can't wait to see my baby play again." She caresses my cheek. "I've got time to catch up."

"I guess, yes." I smile and my phone rings. "Hey Nate!"

"Tay, can you pick me up?" He seems upset.

"Sure, where are you?"

"Some therapists?" He seems to look around. "I'll send you my location."

"Sure, I'll be there." I hang up and look at my mom apologizingly. "Nathan needs me."

"I understand, go save the world, Taylor." She chuckles and hugs me. "We should do that more often."

"What? Hugging?" I chuckle and she laughs.

"No, going out the two of us, like that." She smiles.

"Yeah, definitely." I smile and leave.

            I drive to where Nathan told me he is, and I see him quickly. He jumps in the car and thanks me for picking him up. He explains me what is going on with Dan and Deb, honestly it sucks.

"What about you? Where were you?" Nathan asks.

"To the mall, with my mother." I smile.

"Really?" He smiles to me. "Are you on speaking terms?"

"More than that actually." I smirk. "She is staying in Tree Hill finally. We're going to be a family again."

"I'm truly happy for you, Tay. You deserve it." He pinches my cheek.

"She is coming to my game on Wednesday." I state happily.

"Damn, she did change, didn't she?"

"I hope so."

            I drop Nathan off and drive to my soccer practice. Wednesday is the big game against our main concurrent this year. We have the same numbers as them, but we have scored more so we are in front of them in the table. During training, I spot Peyton in the stand, I wonder what she is doing here.

"Peyton Sawyer, huh?" Julie asks me with a smirk.

"What?" I frown.

"She is here for you; it has to mean something." She eyes me suspiciously.

"Ever heard of the word "friend"?" I tease.

"Rarely when it comes to you, babe." She sends me a flirty smirk and I chuckle.

"Jealous?" I smirk back.

"Crash in my bed at midnight and I won't be." She winks at me and runs to our next drill.

"Girls..." I chuckle to myself.

            At the end of the training, I walk to Peyton and she seems super happy.

"Does Jake make you smile like that already?" I tease and she hits my shoulder playfully.

"Nope, but my dad does."

"Your dad is home?" I smile widely.

"See, you smile like an idiot too." She points at me.

"What? I love Larry, that's all." I defend myself.

"Want to see him?" She offers.

            I accept and we drive to her house. When we arrive, we see Lucas standing in the kitchen with a rake in hand. The fuck?

"Dad, look who I brought you." Peyton says but stops when she sees Lucas. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, he's trying to rake me to death." Larry chuckles. "Hey there, champ. How are you?" He tells me.

"Better now that I saw Lucas like that." I laugh at my friend.

"Not funny..." Lucas sighs. "I thought you were... nothing crucial...."

"Sure." I look at Peyton with a knowing look.

"I'm going to put this back." Lucas leaves a bit ashamed.

"That was something." Larry laughs. "So, Taylor, when are you making the National Team?" He winks at me.

"You told him?" I glare at Peyton who laughs at me. "You're lucky I love you."

"I know." Peyton side hugs me.

            We spend some time talking with Larry and then, I go home.