Chapter 12

It's the big night. Fathers / Sons game, and I'm playing basketball. I walk to my reserved locker room, (being a girl is great sometimes), and see Nathan sitting with a shirt in hand.

"Isn't it the girls' locker room?" I tease and he smiles.

"Yeah, I just wanted to give you that." He hands me the shirt with my signature number 29 and my name at the back.

"Thanks, it's awesome." I smile.

"And also, look at this." He shows me a Math Test. "I might have to thank you for this."

"Nope, but you should thank Haley though." I wink. "I'm proud of you, Nate. You're going to make it."

"Thanks to my best friend, I might, yes." He winks at me and leaves.

I get ready and head to the pitch where the cheerleaders are already gathered. I go to Brooke who cheers louder for me making me laugh. I warm up a bit scoring easy baskets and the game starts. I'm on the bench at the beginning. The boys play very well at first and then, it gets easier.

"And entering the pitch, number 29 and first girl to ever play in this game, the Soccer Star of Tree Hill High School, Taylor Harrison." The speaker announces making the crowd cheer.

"Better be good, daughter." My father smiles viciously.

"Bring it on, old man." I tease and we laugh.

I manage to score some points and even to pass the ball to Nathan realizing a beautiful alley-oop.

"I knew all those hours in my garden were not for nothing." Nathan high fives me.

At half time, the guys allow me in their locker room since no one is changing and Dan comes to do his little speech to Nathan. I try my best to reassure my best friend, but he seems to be in a wrong thought.

"And remember, if he gets hard on you, I'll be there to help you out, brother." I tap his shoulder and run to the field facing Dan.

"I might be prouder looking at you play than my own son." Dan says loud enough so Nathan could hear.

"Don't know if I can really take it as a compliment." I whisper and he doesn't hear me.

"Bring it on." Dan yells.

The game restarts and we win easily. Too easily maybe. The speaker decides to erase the board and restarts the game at 0-0, next basket wins. We're attacking and Dan fouls Nathan pretty hard. Then, Nathan loses the ball on purpose and lets Dan score the winning point. I frown and look at my Dad.

"I'm glad you decided to stop being like him, Dad. I like you more this way." I hug him and he leads me to the locker room where Keith greets me happily too. Some have ways, some have none.

Best Of Both Worlds (Brooke Davis / OC)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara