Chapter 35

Julie left early in the morning. Her mom and dad drove her to her new campus, and I've decided to stay in Tree Hill, because it would have been harder to see her in her new element. I don't really know what to do with myself. Nathan told me Lucas is back in town, so I decide to go to Peyton's house to see how Brooke and she are taking the news.

"She's gotta be pregnant." Brooke states probably talking about Haley.

"Or in love." Peyton says.

"I'm going with pregnant." Brooke continues. "Please, he's a Scott boy. Just look at one, and snap, you're..."

"You know a lot about it, huh?" I chuckle leaning against the frame of the door.

"Never mind." Brooke glares at me.

"Taylor Harrison in my house?" Peyton looks at me with a bright smile. "What's new, girl?"

"Nothing much, best friend getting married, girlfriend leaving town, and yeah, that's all." I chuckle and walk to them. "What about you?"

"Nothing much." Brooke smirks at me and I look at what she is doing on the computer. "What's new in your musical world right now?"

            Peyton gives her details and Brooke adds them on a new LustFactor page. I chuckle at them and Peyton comes to see what is going on. They fight over how Peyton is not chasing after boys anymore and why she is still sending mails to Jake.

"Speaking of the nameless one, he's waiting, so we should get going." Brooke stands up.

"You're coming too?" Peyton asks me.

"I've been invited yes."

"What do you think he wants?" Peyton growls.

"If he's smart, forgiveness." Brooke smiles bitchily.

"But he is not." I point at them with a smirk. "So, don't count of that."

            We go to the place Lucas asked us to be. As we arrive, I hug him while telling him it's not fair to leave without warning me, and then, he shows us around a big place where he wants to throw a party for Nathan and Haley. Finally, someone is thinking about them. The tension is thick, really thick, so I decide to let them talk alone, the three of them are definitely not knowing what to do with all of this. But I'm pretty sure it's going to get better.

            We're back at school. And I feel weird, empty, lost. I look around me and I see all my friends are happy to be back and all. I sigh trying to chase Julie out of my thoughts and I join Haley, Nathan and Lucas.

"Okay, that just sounds weird." I hear Lucas say.

"Sure as hell you're not ready to get married." I interrupt and Lucas scoffs while side hugging me.

"You might be right." He chuckles and we walk to Brooke and Peyton.

"Oh, look. It's our very own Britney Spears and whoever she married this week." Brooke says looking at Haley. "I have a question for you guys. What do you think? Pink booties or blue?"

"Booties?" Haley asks.

"She still thinks you're pregnant." I inform Haley who glares at Brooke.

"Brooke! I'm not pregnant." Haley frowns.

"No. The only way this isn't totally screwed up is if you're knocked up." Brooke points at them explaining her theory while I'm sitting on Peyton's car with Peyton. "But don't worry. Your secret is safe with me."

"What's this lame ass joke about you guys getting married?" Tim pushes Brooke on the side to talk to Nathan.

"He's in shock now that you're officially off the market." Peyton comments making me laugh.

"It's true, Dim." Brooke says. "Haley's preggers."

"Brooke!" Haley defends.

"Right." Tim looks at Brooke incredulously. "And Lucas moved away."

            We all look at Lucas and then at each other and laugh seeing Brooke's face.

"You guys gotta do better if you're going to get one over on the Tim." He finishes proudly.

"Oh, go." Brooke and Peyton push Tim away and we walk to class.

            Nathan's and Haley's wedding party is in a couple of hours and we are all helping with the organization. Mouth, Fergie and Skills are here to help too. Brooke keeps on adding sexy photos of Peyton on her Lustfactor profile and I can see Peyton getting frustrating because of this.

"Care to know what else I have planned?" Brooke seems excited. "I know you do."

"Please, let it not be strippers." I joke around earning a laugh from everyone.

"Nope, Soccer Girl." Brooke sticks her tongue out to me. "I have spray string for when tutor girl and boy arrive. And, Mouth, come here."

"Just run, Mouth." I whisper yell to him.

"Sit." Brooke puts a happy Mouth on a chair.

"What is that?" Peyton wonders.

"This, missy blond girl, is the Brooke Davis version of spin the bottle." Brooke explains while attaching Mouth.

"I love it." I whisper and Peyton looks at me knowingly.

"Only now, it's "spin the body"." Brooke proudly announces. "Watch." She spins the chair and looks at Fergie. "Okay, now you two have to make out."

            Everyone chuckles hearing Fergie scoff slightly.

"And last but not least, we have five minutes in the elevator." Brooke smirks.

"I've almost forgotten about that party girl side of Brooke." I whisper to Peyton who chuckles approvingly.

"Isn't it five minutes in a closet?" Lucas asks.

"Yeah, if you're in junior high, or still trying to avoid the fact you think Taylor Harrison is attractive." Brooke smirks at me. "But the great part about this is you know how everybody has their elevator list?"

"What?" All the boys look at each other weirdly.

"Typical." Peyton whispers to me.

"Your elevator list." Brooke looks at them as if they are crazy. "Come on. The list of people you're allowed to have sex with if you're ever stuck in an elevator with them."

"Oh, Halle Berry." Skills understands.

"Beyonce." Fergie continues.

"Jack Black." Peyton states.

"Brooke Davis." Mouth and I say at the same time sharing a knowingly look and earning laughs from Lucas and Peyton, a smirk from Brooke.

"Well, everybody makes a list and if two people have each other's names... five minutes in the elevator." Brooke makes the rule.

"Sounds like fun, Brooke. Nice work." Lucas compliments.

"Thank you." Brooke smiles proudly. "Now all we need is a Nathan and a Haley."