Chapter 21

I'm sitting at Karen's Café waiting for Julie to show up. We've been seeing each other for quite some time now and we feel like taking it to the next step, which is not seeing each other just to play soccer, make out or have sex.

"Hey, T." Haley greets me happily. "Nathan invited me to his family's diner."

"Ouch..." I frown.

"What? Is it that bad?" She wonders.

"Well, his grandpa is sweet but intense, his grandma is great though. But Dan and his dad are like Nathan and Dan with some bad history added to the usual basketball drama." I explain.

"Oh..." She frowns.

"Yeah, good luck with that." I smile apologizingly.

"What about you? Nathan told me you're seeing your teammate Julie, right?" Haley wiggles her eyebrows.

"Yeah, she is nice." I smile.

"Great to see you're moving on from Brooke." She states.

"Not like there was something to move on from." I chuckle nervously.

"Sure, you can't deny you had feelings for her, T." She points at me and smirks looking at the door. "Speaking of the devil."

            I turn to see Julie walking in the Café. She waves shyly at Haley and walks to me. She sits and looks around her.

"Nice place." She smiles.

"Yeah, you've never been here before?" I ask.

"Nope." She answers. "But I will come more often if it means I'm going to see more."

"Sweet talk, I like that." I smirk and she winks at me. "So, what are you up to?"

"I don't know, tell me, what is fun to do in Taylor Harrison's world?"

"Well, first you have to try Haley's hot chocolate, then you'll follow me and find out."

            We stay at the Café for an hour talking about life, then we decide to go for a walk near the river and we end up eating ice cream at the shopping center.

"So, tell me, Taylor." Julie looks at me with a smile. "Why did you ask me out today?"

"Easy, I like to spend time with you, and I wondered what it could be like to see you outside soccer or one of our beds." I chuckle.

"And what is it like, then?" She smirks.

"Fun." I bit my lip.

"Don't do that..." She whispers seductively.

"Do what?" I chuckle.

"You know what I'm talking about. It makes me want to kiss you." Julie states.

"And it's bad because?" I smirk and get closer to her.

"Shut up." She pushes off my head and leads me outside. "Your parents aren't home, right?"

            I smirk and let her lead me to my house. My parents are gone to Washington to gather my mom's stuffs, after this weekend she will officially stay home for a long time.

            We spend the rest of the day having fun in bed and I'm actually enjoying it more than I thought I would be. I go to the shower while Julie commands some pizzas. When I'm done, she goes not missing on the opportunity to check me out.

"Like what you see, Powell?" I smirk and she comes to me.

"Definitely." She kisses me passionately making me close my eyes. "And I love that."

"I bet you do." I chuckle and kiss her one more time while the doorbell rings.

"Don't go there naked, babe." Julie warns playfully.

"Not ready to share?" I smirk.

"Never." Julie slaps my ass and I laugh getting dressed up.

            I put on a football shirt and some short and go to the door thinking it could be the pizza guy. I open the door and see Brooke standing there with a small smile on her face.

"Hey." She says weakly.

"Hey." I smile. "What are you doing here. Everything is okay?"

"Well, yeah kind of..." Brooke sighs. "Can I come in?"

"Sure, sorry." I let her in, and she sits on my couch. "Aren't you with Peyton and Lucas?"

"They're gone." She states.

"What?" I frown.

"Peyton's father has been caught up in a storm, they were three, they found a body. Peyton had to go see if it's her dad." Brooke explains. "I thought you would like to know since you and Peyton are close."

"Thanks." I send her a small smile. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah..." She says with a signature sad face.

"Brooke..." I sigh knowing her by heart.

"I'm scared, Tay." She admits. "I'm scared something happens between them during their trip."

"I get that, you know what was going on between them at some point, huh?" I ask.

"Yes, and I tried to ignore it, but it's still somehow in my mind." She tells me. "And I feel bad because before Lucas appears in my life, I used to be with you all the time, we knew everything about each other and now I feel like we're just strangers. And I miss you a lot, Soccer Girl."

"I..." I start.

"Babe? Was it the pizza guy?"  Julie comes downstairs with a big smile on her face which fades away when she sees Brooke. "Not quite the pizza guy."

"Hey." Brooke smiles shyly. "I'm going to go; I didn't mean to interrupt."

"Brooke..." I whisper. "You can stay if..."

"No, thanks, Tay." She kisses my cheek. "I'll call if we have news, okay?"

"Yes, please." I sigh. "Tell Peyton I'm sorry."

"Will do." Brooke leaves.

"What's going on?" Julie asks with a harsh tone.

"Peyton's father is missing; he has been caught up in a storm. Peyton and Lucas went to see if the body they found is her father's..." I sit heavily on the couch.

"Damn..." Julie softens a bit and sits next to me. "I'm sorry, babe. I know you love Peyton's father."

"Yeah..." I whisper thinking about what Brooke was telling me.

"Are you okay?" She caresses my cheek.

"Sorry, it's just a lot to deal with." I sadly smile.

            The doorbell rings, and Julie goes to open it. This time it is the pizza guy. We spend the night eating pizza and cuddling in my bed. I hope Peyton's going to be fine.