Chapter 5

Basketball games always have the greatest crowd, you can hear the cheering and applauding miles around. It is very different from soccer in here. No one really cares during regular season, except some family members and friends.

"Wishing you have that many fans to see you score hat tricks?" Jake says behind me.

"You heard about it?" I smile looking at him.

"When the greatest soccer star in Tree Hill destroys our rivals, we have to hear about it." He states.

"Sure thing, mate." I roll my eyes, but side hug him. "How's your number one fan?"

"She is fine, growing up faster than expected." He smiles.

"I bet. Last time I saw her she was so tiny. I was afraid to break her." I chuckle at the memory.

"She could break you now, you know?" He wiggles his eyebrows and I scoff. "Sorry, Taylor, I've got something to do." He points at Lucas and I nod.

"Good game, champ." I say to my friend and he hand checks me.

"Thought you loved girls, Soccer Girl." Brooke's voice makes me turn around.

"One look at you and my lesbian side shows off, babe." I flirt.

"Good one." She blushes a bit. "I've heard you did good this afternoon. Sorry I couldn't be here."

"I get it. It was a long drive away, don't worry." I reassure her. "Plus, I'll get to see you cheer tonight, it'll help forgetting you weren't there."

"I can see you imagining me cheering for you." She takes her sexy look. "Screaming your name and jumping in your arms once you score."

"I could definitely see that happening. But tonight, I bet you're going to scream Lucas' name, right?" I frown.

"Jealous much, baby?" She teases.

"He is a lucky guy." I smile. "Not going to deny it."

"Your turn will come, I promise." Brooke kisses my cheek and leaves.

            I walk to the gym and sit next to Haley. She looks at me weirdly thinking it was some lame ass dude.

"You scared me, T." Haley says with a smile.

"Mission accomplished, then." I smirk and she hits my arm.

"Congrats on the win, today."

"Did you hear about it too?" I wonder knowing Haley doesn't really care about sports.

"Your teammates couldn't shut up about it." Haley shows me a group of girls composed by most of my teammates. "Taylor did so great. Taylor is so tough. Did you see her last goal...?" She imitates making me laugh. "So, yeah, I've heard."

"Well, thanks then. Means a lot coming from the best tutor in town." I smile and she reciprocates.

"Liar."

            The game starts and Lucas plays a better game than the first time. Not hard after all. It's now 18 seconds left. Nathan is double teamed, but Jake gets the rebound and passes it to Lucas who scores the winning shot. I jump in happiness before seeing Nathan's face and Brooke's smirk. I guess my night won't be as good as I've imagined it to be.

            After the game, I wait for Nathan in the gym, but Lucas heads out first, so I go to him and congratulate him.

"Big win tonight, Lucas." I smile.

"I guess some answers found their way quicker than expected." He winks.

"It might be it." I wink back and see Lucas' family waiting for him. "You should go. Say hi to your mom and Keith for me."

            I sit on the bench a couple of meters away from a fuming Dan Scott. Once Nathan comes out the locker room, Dan gives him a dirty look and a sneaky comment before letting him alone.

"They just love to be harsh." I tap his shoulder reassuringly. "It'll pass."

"I hope so." Nathan sighs.

"What are you up to?" I ask.

"Honestly, I was thinking about celebrating your awesome game but after that, I'm not sure anymore. I could use some sleep or some Peyton's negative energy." He looks at me with his sorry look and I frown at the mention of Peyton.

"I get it. Go home or with Peyton, Superstar." I wink at my best friend.

"I'm sorry."

"You like that word a lot recently, Nate." I state and he chuckles. "Have fun sleeping your win away."

            I drive back home hoping to find something interesting to do tonight. I look through my house and find an old picture of my parents and I at the beach during holidays. Good old days.

I hear a car stopping in front of my door, so I look through the window. Brooke and Lucas. Of course, he drove her back. Classic sneaking in the backseat of the car's move. I scoff at the sight and I start walking to my room when my phone rings.

Brooke: I got home. Care to join?

Me: Give me 5 minutes.

Brooke: Better look good.

            I chuckle at her text and change into some jeans and hoodie. I put my family's picture in my back pocket and walk to Brooke's house. I open the red door and go to Brooke's room as usual.

"I was expecting you in your pajamas, but this will be good too." Brooke smiles at me, but I just sit on her bed clearly not in the mood. "Hey, what's up?" She asks in concern.

"Nothing." I answer a little colder than I thought.

"Okay, Harrison." She glares at me. "You don't get to throw your negative energy at me after the wonderful evening I've had."

"Sorry. Was your sneaking on the backseat of Lucas' car's move the greatest time of your life?" I ask nonchalantly.

"Yes, thanks for asking." Brooke fakes a smile. "Lucas is the sweetest, he drove me back here and didn't even try to fuck me or kiss me."

"He is a normal guy with a sense of reality. Heya!" I completely fake enthusiasm.

"What's wrong with you, Soccer Girl?" Brooke frowns.

"Bad thoughts. I should let you enjoy the rest of your night. I won't be the best company." I stand up and start to leave.

"Hey, Taylor." Brooke follows me. "You know you can talk to me if something is wrong, right?"

"I know, Brooke." I smile a bit. "Don't worry, it'll get better, I promise."

"Okay." She climbs on her toes to reach my cheek and kisses it softly. "Don't get yourself in trouble tonight babe."

"I'll try, baby." I chuckle as her face lights up hearing the nickname I used.

            Then, I decide to walk to the Tree Hill Annual Burning Boat Festival with one idea in mind. Get rid of my family's souvenir.

Once I stand near the boat, I take the picture and spend some long minutes looking at it. After almost putting it back in my pocket, I find the courage to throw it in the boat. I look at it end its fall next to a black sign with the name SCOTT written on it. I might not be the only one getting rid of my family tonight.