Chapter 20

It's Wednesday, game day. We're playing at home and I can see there is more people than usual in the stands. I quickly spot my parents sitting between Larry Sawyer and Keith Scott. Damn, I guess no one has something to do today. I warm up with my team making sure everyone is in a warrior mode.

            I hear people screaming my name in the stand and turn to see Brooke, Haley, Peyton, Jake, Lucas and Nathan gathered near our parents. I wave at them and run to the locker room getting ready for another moment of brightness.

"Welcome to Tree Hill Soccer Field, here is Mouth McFadden and today we're watching the most promising young woman of the Soccer World. Taylor Harrison. She is leading her team to the pitch, wearing the captain's armband."

            The crowd cheer hearing Mouth announcing the team. I smile and my coach taps my shoulder.

"I wish we could play on Wednesday more often." He chuckles looking at the crowd.

"So do I." I smile back.

"Show them what they are missing on."

            I smirk and we go to the pitch ready to kick some asses. I'm playing as a 10 today and Julie is in front of me. We start the game, and I can feel the power emerging from the crowd. We have the ball most of the time, but the other team is defending well. At some point, I manage to dribble the ball past two defenders and the third one tackles me hard. The referee gives her a yellow card and I take the ball placing it knowingly.

"You've got this, babe." Julie whispers in my ear.

"Follow still, we never know." I wink at her.

"Oh, I know." She chuckles and runs in the penalty area just in case my ball won't go in.

            I take a deep breath and shoot my freekick. The ball floats in the air powerfully, hits the crossbar and ends up in the net. I run to the corner and do my signature backflip. All the girls jump on me and I smile.

"And this is exactly what that girl can do, people." Mouth says in his mic.

"Go Taylor, go!" Brooke and Peyton yells in the mic as if they were cheering.

"Go best friend!" I hear Nathan yelling too.

"That's my little girl." My mom screams from the stand.

            I run back to my own half and the game restarts. Ten minutes later, Julie makes a great run and I give her the ball perfectly, she fakes to shoot sending the goalkeeper on her ass and she shoots in the empty goal. 2-0. She points at me and she jumps in my arms.

"Julie Powell with the second goal. Taylor Harrison with the assist. Those two have some chemistry, right Haley?" Mouth hands her mic to Haley.

"I love soccer." She states making everyone laugh.

            The half time comes, and coach is pretty happy with our game. He keeps on giving us advice and tips and we come back even more determined for the second half. The referee blows and we put the other team under pressure right away. After two minutes, Julie manages to take the ball in the defender foot and passes the ball to me. I'm alone at thirty meters of the goal. I look at the goalkeeper and she is standing five meters in front of her goal line. I shoot and the ball flies over the girl in goal making 3-0. I run to the stand and jump in my parents' arms.

"Keep up, Taylor." My dad says in my ear.

"We're proud of you." My mom adds.

            I smile and go back to the field. The rest of the game is easy for us. At the 65th minute, I kick a corner and Julie puts her head on it perfectly. Then, I score a third goal after stealing the ball in the keeper's foot and we end up the game perfectly with a last counterattack where our left back throw a long deep ball in my run and I chip the keeper. When the referee blows the end of the game, I jump on our Coach who is over the moon.

"Thank you, Taylor." He says to me. "You make my job so easy."

"My pleasure, coach Jones." I smile and turn to see Julie walking to me with a big smirk.

"You did well, captain." She winks at me and hugs me.

"Thanks to my beautiful partner." I chuckle and she smiles wider.

"What are you doing tonight?" She asks with a smirk.

"Depends on them." I point to my friends. "Why?"

"If you end up alone, just call me, right?" She sends me a knowing look and walks to the locker room.

            I walk to my friends and they congratulate me. My parents hug me and tell me how happy they are. Larry jokes about the National Team again and Keith tells me he had fun watching me play.

"Hey, Soccer Star." Nathan smiles. "Awesome game today."

"I had to make you all remember what you're missing every weekend." I wink at him and he hugs me.

"I'm proud of you, Tay." He whispers. "And you make me want to play ball again."

"I'm glad. You know Nathan, don't forget why you started to play in the first place. You love basketball, it means something to you because it makes you happy. Focus on that when you'll be back in the gym doing suicides." I chuckle.

"I will." He laughs and Peyton walks to me with Brooke. "Wow, is that a friendship I see here?"

"Shut up." Brooke hits my arm. "We were always friends."

"Sure thing." I chuckle and Peyton glares at me.

"Great game." Peyton says. "That Julie girl and you rocked it."

"Thanks."

"Is she your girlfriend?" Brooke asks suddenly.

"What?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Come on. You two look close and she is winking at you always." Brooke smiles wanting to have details.

"Definitely not my girlfriend." I start to say.

"But you fucked her already." Brooke completes.

"Brooke!" Peyton glares at her with a confused face.

"What? She totally did." Brooke points at me and I try to look innocent but fail making Brooke laugh and turn to Lucas.

"Jerk." Peyton glares at me but laughs. "I thought you would have told me."

"Why? So, you can be jealous?" I tease.

"Never." She hits me.

"I might end up with a broken arm one day." I chuckle.

"Be careful, Tay." She smiles.

"Don't you worry." I smile back. "What about you? Lucas? Jake?"

"None." She rolls her eyes.

"Or both." I correct her and she glares.

"Go shower, you stink." She spits.

"Ouch." I fake pain in my heart and run to the locker room.