Chapter 14

Dan Scott's annual party is about to happen again. My dad is going so I am too. I just wish I could be somewhere else, but obviously this is not going to happen. I get ready with Nathan and we talk about life.

"So, you and Brooke what is going on?" Nathan says while I'm using the bathroom.

"I don't know, nothing, I guess. She is sending mixed signals, I'm tired of this." I sigh.

"How so?"

"She is into Lucas, but she wants me too. She spends her days chasing after the boy and when she gets home, she crawls back to me." I tell him.

"I see. Typical Brooke. It sucks, I'm sorry, Tay." Nate says clearly feeling bad for me.  "Any soccer girl in mind?"

"Might have." I wink. "But we'll see how it is going."

"Fun. I want to meet her." He wiggles his eyebrows. "Can I tell you something?" Nate says sitting on his bed.

"Go ahead." I answer walking out the bathroom.

"Wow. Okay, first you look great." He eyes me.

"Gross, but thanks, Superstar." I chuckle. "Second?"

"I think I like the tutor girl." He says and I choke.

"You like Haley?"

"I think I do. I'm not sure though." He sighs loudly. "Brooke told me Peyton wants me back."

"Okay, too much information now." I sit next to him. "But, let me tell you something. Brooke's a liar, Peyton wants Lucas, not you."

"Ouch." Nathan frowns and I send him an apologizing smile.

"But Haley's a good girl and I think you should be sure before attempting something with her. Or I could be mad at you really quick." I inform him.

"She wrote me a sweet note, you know?" Nate smiles handing me the note. "She might like me back."

"Be careful with your heart, Nate." I smile to him happy to see Haley is really caring too.

"What should I do then?" He asks.

"Let's see what happen tonight and we'll see." I offer and he nods.

"You'll stay with me?"

"Sure, you're my best man, you know it." I smile and he reciprocates it.

            During the party, after getting bored for the millionth time in an hour, I'm finally sipping some white wine Lori gave me innocently when Lucas comes to me.

"Do you know where they all are?" He asks.

"Well, Peyton and Nathan are talking because Brooke wants them to be together so she can have you all to herself. Bitch move. Typical Brooke." I explain and he frowns. "Am I being too honest with you, Luke?"

"T, what's the deal with your friends? I swear they are weird." Luke states.

"You're the new attraction, Luke. Get used to it." I inform him at the moment Peyton storms in the room. "Go to her. I'll talk to Brooke."

            I walk to Nathan's bedroom and see Brooke looking at Haley's card chuckling like a mad bitch happy about what she found out.

"Put that down." I warn her.

"Taylor?" She panics a bit. "Haven't see you here..."

"Put that down, Brooke." I repeat.

"Come on, Tay." She smiles viciously. "That's news."