Chapter 33

Later that night, around 5 am, my phone rings. I look at who it could be, and I see Nathan's name on the screen.

"Nate?" I ask worriedly. "What's up, bro?"

"Remember when you told me you would always be here for me, no matter what Deb and Dan would think?" He says seriously.

"Of course, I do." I answer trying to get his point.

"I'm going to marry Haley, and I hoped you would like to be my best woman." I can feel his smile through the phone.

"Whaaat?" I say excitedly. "Of course, yes! But, when? Where? What do I have to wear?"

"Wow, Tay, calm down." He chuckles. "I'll text you the details, don't worry. We have to have Haley's parents' agreement first."

"Sure, let me know then." I chuckle. "I'm so happy for you, Nate."

"Thanks, sister from another mother." He jokes around.

"It does sound weird coming from Dan's son you know?" I joke back.

"Moron." He chuckles.

"You love me!" I laugh.

"This, I do." He states and hangs up.

"What does Nathan Scott want at 5 am, babe?" Julie growls.

"He wants me to be his best woman." I realize. "He's marrying Haley."

"Wow, is she pregnant?" Julie frowns.

"What? No, of course no. They never had sex before." I explain. "Or, at least, not before tonight."

"I've told you once, but I keep on thinking your friends are crazy." Julie snuggles in my arms.

"I know and I love them for that." I giggle and kiss Julie's temple.

            I'm standing on the beach, right next to Haley's parents. I've got tears in my eyes looking at my best friend, my brother, marrying the love of his life. I've never known Nathan could do crazy things in a hurry, but this is a big deal. We've been discussing this in the car leading us to this beautiful place. He seems so sure that no one or nothing could stop him, and I truly admire this about him.

"Someday, this beach might wash away. The oceans may dry, the sun could dim, but on that day, I'll still be loving you. Always and forever. I promise you, Haley." Nathan says looking right into Haley's eyes.

            They exchange their consents and Nathan looks at me with a true smile. A tear rolls down my cheek and Haley's mother side hugs me. Haley is a great girl, and I couldn't wish for more for Nathan. I hope they will be happy forever.