o6: high enough

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER DOES MENTION DRUG OVERDOSE/SELF HARM. IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE, I RECCOMEND SKIPPING THIS CHAPTER.

ANDIE'S POV:
I came home after the little argument I had with Kai. I washed my face to calm down a little, but I reached for the mirror cabinet on the wall. Then I found some pain killers and antidepressants that Elena still  had from the car accident, here at Salvatore house from when she would sleep over.

I decided to take some because I had a headache but also wanted to relax, but I only wanted two, then they became five, then ten, then fifteen,
and before I know it. I just downed 26 painkillers and three antidepressants.

I knew what I was doing, but I didnt stop myself. I still had the pill bottle in my hand when there was a knock on the bathroom door. It was Kai. "Andie?" He asked. I wanted to reply but my head just became fuzzier and fuzzier, until darkness swallowed me whole. I collapsed on the bathroom floor.

I slowly heard Kai scream my name before they became muffled and soon silence filled my ears and my brain shut down.

KAI'S POV:
"DAMNIT!" I yelled. I felt Andies pulse slow down until I couldnt feel it anymore. I picked her up bridal style and ran down the stairs. The way her head, arms, and legs dangled lifelessly scared the hell out of me. I was loosing her. "ELENA!" I yelled and she came out running from Damon's room.

"What happened!? What did you do Kai!?" She yelled. "She overdosed" I replied. She bit into her wrist ready to give her sister blood. "No stop, she could still be alive and if she dies with your blood in her system..." She looked at me and nodded. "Damon call Jo!" She yelled.

I didn't even have time to process who she was calling. I started compression on her chest, but I knew that wouldn't work if oxygen wasn't going into her lungs. "You left me no choice Andie" I whispered.

I plugged her nose and opened her mouth connecting mine with hers and blowed as hard as I could. I saw her chest rise and I knew it was working. I kept doing compressions.

"Whats taking so long Elena!" I yelled. "Jo, shes stuck at the hospital. We need to take her there now" She explained. "Then what are you waiting for lets go!" I yelled. Damon got his keys and I carried Andie into the car. She still didn't have a pulse.

Damon sped over there and I ran into the emergency  room with Andie in my arms. Thats when I saw her. "Jossette!" I yelled. Her eyes widened. "Help her, please" I asked and she look frightened but looked down at Andie and pulled over a gurney.

"What happened?" "She overdosed" I anwsered. "On what?" "I-I dont know, rhe bottle said Pain killers and the other said antidepressants" She nodded and started calling codes. They had to intubate her.

My hands grasped onto my head as they hooked her onto a monitor. Still no pulse. "This is all my fault, this is all my fault" I whispered.

I was scared, im never scared. Water was pooling in my eyes the longer the moniter satyed flatlined. What is she doing to me? I dont even know her!

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard the monitor beep. A sigh of relief escaped from my mouth and I ran up to her gurney. I was holding her hand while they were putting the bed in a room.

Her eyes slowly opened and she looked up at me. She coughed into the tube since she tried talking. "Shh dont try to talk, your okay. Im here pumpkin" I told her and tears slipped from her eyes, she nodded.

"Oh my god Andie" Elena said and pushed me out of the way to hug her sister. Damon stood on the other side of the bed. Elena moved and sat next to Damon while we were waiting for Jo to tell us some news.

I sat by Andies bed side and held her hand. She gave me a tight squeeze causing me to look back down at her and kissed her forehead. She smiled. "Easy there, you still haven't bought her that drink" Damon said while raising his eyebrow. "What drink?" Elena asked but Jo walked in.

"Okay so, there are no defects but I would like her to stay a couple more days or maybe even a week for observation" Elena nodded and signed some papers that Jo gave her. "Hi sissy" I said smirking and Andie smacked my hand.

"Kai you can go to the house I will stay here" Elena said I nodded and was going to get up when I felt Andie pull me back. "You know what? How about I stay here and you guys could go back home." I replied. "Are you sure?" "Yeah. I can sleep here in the chair" I said. They nodded and left.

"Here" Jo said while pushing a reclinable chair into the room with a blanket. "Thanks". "Pumpkin, Im gonna be right back Im gonna get some chips" I told Andie, she nodded.

I went to the vending machine and grabbed some chips. When I made my way back I noticed Andie fell asleep. I was just admiring her face. She looked calm, cute. "You care about her" I turned to see Jo against the door frame. I only furrowed my eyebrows.

"I saw that way you looked at her, when she finally got her pulse back. I also saw how your eyes watered when she wasn't responding. You care." I nodded at her, and she left. I slayed down in the chair and fell asleep with Andie's hand in mine.

a:n: Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I will update soon. Yall are lucky i updated on my birthday ;) Anyways. Thanks for reading bye<3