25: the other brother

I made my way back to the bed, gently shaking Kai to wake him up. He opened one eye to see what was happening. "Get up, it's lake day", he furrowed his eyebrows.

"What the hell is lake day?"
"Well it's a day when my siblings and I would go to our lake house and have a small party with friends and family" I explained to him.

"Ughhh, do we have to go?" He asked sitting up and rubbing his eyes. "Yes, now hurry up and get ready breakfast is downstairs" I told him while throwing him a shirt.

We made our way downstairs together where we were greeted by Caroline, Stefan, Bonnie, Damon, Elena and Brandon. They were already eating or finishing up in the kitchen. Kai and I were the last ones to finish so we brushed our teeth and packed some stuff.

I was wearing my swim suit under my shirt and shorts, Kai was just wearing swim shorts with a shirt. We all went in seperate cars and headed towards the lake.

Kai got out and helped me with the chairs and I grabbed the bag that contained snacks. We settled in the house and then everyone decided to get in the lake. I was outside with Kai when everyone started jumping in.

He took of his shirt and ran towards the water, making a big splash. I laughed and started taking of my shirt and shorts. I caught Brandon staring at me up and down.

"I saw that. You checked me out"
"No I didn't" He replied defensively, but I noticed how his cheeks flushed red while looking away.

I ignored him and went into the water with Kai. Brandon later joined us in the water as everyone was playing around, having fun. It was a little late, we were still in the water when Stefan came over to us.

"Andie we need you're help" He whispered.
"Why?"
"There's a vampire here, me and Damon heard them. Could you guys stop them with your magic?"

I quickly nodded and called Kai and Brandon over. I told them what was happening and we agreed to act like we didn't know they were, I guess you could say, we are bait.

We were sitting at a table outside, our back's facing the woods. I heard a twig snap behind me and quickly blasted the red glow towards the vampire that was behind me.

It knocked him out, Stefan and Damon wanted to know if there were more that are coming or already here so we were tying him up againts a tree.

"Here Kai" I said trying to hand him some ropes that I poured vervain water on. Damon grabbed them, his hand started burning. He groaned in pain, "I said Kai" I chuckled while he glared at me.

The vamp slowly started waking up. "Hey, you" Damon said, slapping the guy's cheek a little. "You're gonna regret this" The guys whispered. We looked at him confused. "Uh guys" Brandon said, catching all our attention.

We turned around to see more and more vampires around us. "Here" I whispered holding my hands out to Kai and Brandon.

Kai knew what I meant so he gently shiphoned me. Brandon was still confused so I told him to siphon my magic. He gave me a look, asking for my permission a second time and I nodded in response.

I groaned quietly from discomfort since they are both siphoning me.  They let go and we all start fighting the vampires.

Damon and Stefan were riping hearts out, Elena and Caroline were staking some, I was killing them with my magic, aswell as Kai and Brandon.

I finished killing one when I saw another vampire about to attack Brandon. Before I could say anything a firm arm wrapped around me neck, choking me.

I tried fighting back until I felt their grip loosen. I looked back and saw Kai ripped out the vamp's heart. I looked back to find a vampire holding Brandon up by his neck.

"Get away from him!" I yelled, I let the red glow of my magic wrap around the vampire. Kai helped Brandon as I finished it off. We were all soaked in blood.

After processing what happened, we started throwing away the bodies.

"Well I expected this day to go differently" Caroline muttured. We all turned to her and nodded, slowly making our ways to the showers.

I finished so I was waiting with Brandon in the living room for everyone else to be done. "Hey, thanks for helping me with that vampire" He said, looking towards me.

"It's no problem, you're family"
"We're not even close, how do you consider me family?"
"Look, there's good in you. I can see it. For me, family isn't who you're born with, it's who you'd die for." I explained.

"You would really do that?" He asked, turning to face me. "Yeah, I would". He smiled, Kai got out a few seconds later. "Im hungry" He told me, "Then let's get dinner" I replied. He went on his phone and ordered two large pizzas.

Everyone laughed and talked while we were eating.

I guess this is family.

a/n: hey guys! hope you enjoyed this chapter. Did Andie friendzone Brandon? What do you think will happen next? Anyways, thank you so much for all the love and support, and for 4k reads! see you guys next time, bye 💓💓