28: life sucks and you know it

"How do you do it, Andrea?" Kol asked
"Do what?"
"Forgive people. How do you forgive such horible people?", I immediately knew he was referring to Kai.
"Well, you know what they say. Hate the sin, love the sinner"

And with that I got up and left the basement that Kol was in. I went back up the room that Kai and I were occupying. Right before I was going to lay down in bed with Kai, there was a knock on the door.

"It's unlocked!" I yelled, Elijah came in. "Would you two like to join us for breakfast?"
"Yeah, we'll be down in a minute"

He left and Kai and I got ready to go downstairs. As we were walking down, Hayley entered.

"Oh god, she looks so big!" I squealed, pointing towards Hope. Hayley laughed and I asked if I could hold her, she happily handed her daughter to me.

KAI'S POV:
The way Andie was holding the little girl made me smile, I coukd see she was happy. My thoughts were interrupted as someone started talking to me.

"You're the boyfriend, right?" Hayley asked
"Yeah, I'm Kai"
"Hayley" She shook my hand.

We stared at Andie and Hope, how they played together. "How is she doing?"

"Sorry?"
"How's Andrea doing? You know, with her addiction"
"She's working on it. In a week she'll be officially two months sober"
"Oh, that good"

She pat my shoulder and went to where the other's were. Andie came over to me with Hope in her arms, then we went to go eat breakfast.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

We finished a while ago and everyone was taking it easy. I wanted to go walk around, it's my first time in New Orleans.

"Pumpkin?"
"Yeah?"
"Get ready, we're going out"
"Malachai Parker, are you taking me on a date?"
"Just get ready" I laughed out.

I went back in the room to finish getting ready, changed my clothes and did my hair. Andie was next to me putting on her necklaces and the ring I gave her.

I went over to my bag to grab some stuff. "Rings on or off, baby?" I asked her.
"On, they make your hands look hot"

I smirked at her and flexed my arm, her face flushed red as she turned away. I laughed and then she finished getting ready.

We told everyone that we're going out. Andie was dragging me around shops, the small markets. I was getting hungry so we went to some restaurant, there was a bar so we went to sit there while our food is being made.

"Hey", I looked over to some girl that was talking to me.
"Hi?"
"How about I buy you a drink?"

I felt Andie's presence shift behind me, I looked over at her and back then back the blonde.

"Nah, I'm more into brunettes" I said, Andie snorted behind me, making the girl go over to her.
"What are you laughing at?"
"Nothing" Andie chuckled.
"So then?"
"Just get out of my face before I hit you" Andie replied, standing up.

The girl gave her a look and the walked away. "You're hot when you're jelous" I told her,
"Yeah well at least she's still looking so, I can do this and still enjoy it" She replied, pulled my face towards her. Our lips crashing together.

As we pulled back, I heard the door open and close, the girl walked out. We got our food and sat down at a table. "That guy keeps staring at me" She whispered.

"Who?"
"Behind you"

I looked back and it's true, there was a guy staring at her. "Is there a problem?" I asked him. "That necklace, it means royalty" He said pointing at Andie's necklace, the one Wanda gave her.

Once Andie realized what he said, the guy started telling everyone around him. I quickly knew what they were doing, planning an attack.

I got up and grabbed Andrea's hand. We made it to the compound as fast as we could. We told everyone what was happening, Freya did a spell so that no one can come in. No vampire, no werewolf, no witch, no humans without being invited in.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*
ANDIE'S POV:

"Alright, Hayley is coming with Hope and Jackson" Freya told me.
"Who's Jackson?"
"Her husband"
"Woah, I thought her and Elijah were-"
"Yeah, me too"

We were waiting for a while and the Hayley came, Klaus invited her in. "Where's you're husband?" I asked. "He is doing some stuff for the pack, he will be here in a little bit" She explained.

I nodded. I called Wanda to see if she could help. She said she was going to come as fast as she could but she will be here a little later. "Woah, what's ul with this" A guy said, pounding at the magical barrier.

"Jackson, right?"
"Yeah"
"Sorry, come in" I replied, he slowly walked in and went iver to Hayley. "Can I play with Hope meanwhile you guys do your stuff and figure some things out?" I asked Hayley. She nodded and handed her to me.

I was playing with her for a while, she's taking her first steps. After a bit, Klaus came and sat next to me. "You like kids?" He asked.

"Yeah, they're precious and adorable"
"What about Kai?"
"Ha. He isn't a kids guy, and we're not there yet. We haven't talked about wanting kids and I don't want to push it" I explained. He hummed in response, getting up and walking to the rest.

BACK TO KAI'S:
I was with Freya, looking for anything at this point. We didn't have a lead, nothing. What is so important of the Maximoff witches? "You should get some rest" Freya said, I nodded and dtarted walking back to Andrea.

I saw Klaus walking towards me, "Hey, just so you know, the ladies like a guy who's good with kids" He whispered, patting my back.

He walked away and I made my way to Andie, who I find playing with Hope. I sat on the floor and played with her too. I had my arms out, indicating Hope to take steps towards me which she did. She walked and landed in my arms.

I picked her up and turned us around slowly, making sure I don't make her dizzy and out of the corner of my eye, I see Andie had the biggest smile on her face.

I gues this is the feeling Klaus told me about. I like kids. Andie came up to me and gave me a kiss, we gave Hope back to Hayley as Andrea just oulled me closer. Before we could continue I was thrown to a wall, by Klaus.

"What the hell Nik!?" Andie yelled, coming over to help me up.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

A while passed and we were going to wat dinner. I had a bruise but other than that I'm fine. "Andrea, love eat your veggies" Klaus said, pointing at her plate.

"Im not eating until you apologize"
"For what!? I don't like him kissing you, this is what big brothers do, sweatheart!" He replied back.

Andie gave him a look and started eating,

I guess this is it.

This is my family.

a/n: hey yall! hope tou enjoyed this chapter. so srry my posting schedule has been all over the place, i recently got a job so its getting a little hard bit I will update as much as I can. thanks for all the love and support on this book! see yall next time, bye💓

-helen