76

Hyunjin's POV

"You're late again, Hyunjin" I apologized to the director and did a 90° bow. I got a lead role as my mom's daughter. Yeah, I'm now working with my mom. The staffs knows about our relationship to each other and promised not to tell anyone about it.

"Why are you always late?" I look down when my mom speaks.

"The shoot is always getting delayed because of you" she continue scolding me and I just keep my head down.

"Maybe you should stop playing basketball" she said and I immediately look at her.

"You're always late because of your games and always get distracted because of it. You should stop already. You're doing acting and basketball at the same time. How can you even focus on your studies anymore? You're already on your senior year, Kim Hyunjin." I balled my fists as I keep my mouth shut. I blink several times to hold my tears as I maintain eye contact with her.

How can she say all of these? I pursue acting even though I really wanted to be an athlete because she wants to... and now she's telling me to stop doing what I really wants?

"What will you get from that huh? It's just a waste of time and energy" she added

"Happiness" I answered and she went silent for a second.

"I want you to focus on acting and your studies" she said firmly

"Minjeong-ssi" pd-nim said and my mother sighed.

"Go and get ready" she said, I just walks away from her and enter the room where I will get my make up done.

"You okay?" Chansung-oppa enters the room while my make up artist is doing her job. I stay silent cuz Eunjae-unnie is still applying lipstick on me.

"Done" she said as soon as she finished and I thanked her. I turn to Chansung and say "Of course I'm not"

I entered the changing room as he sit on the couch outside. I changed to the clothes that was given to me by the stylist and went out as soon I finished.

"Wanna go to the bakery near the company later?" he asks

"Sure why not?" he smiled and give me a warm and comforting hug.

"It must be so hard for you" he said and rubs my back.

"Just always remember that me and the others are just here for you" we broke the hug and he gave me a comforting smile.

"Thanks Chansungie"

"Welcome baby cat" we went out of the room and the shoot starts.

*****

"I know you would be here" I was startled by the voice behind me.

"Relax it's just me" Heejin said and sat beside me. I'm here at the forest near our house, sitting on a rock near the river. I wipe my tears and sniffs.

"Something happened, am I right?" I weakly nodded

"Need a friend?" I burst into tears again and she pulled me to her chest.

"Just let it all out, Hyunnie. I'm always here for you" she rubs my back and kiss my head.

"It'll be alright" she whispers to my ears as I cry all of my frustrations out.