6

Hyunjin's POV

Cold sweats drip down to my neck as I position myself to the three point line. Yeojin steal the ball from the other team and pass it to Hyejoo.

She faked shoot and quickly pass the ball to me. I shoot it and look at the timer. 1 second. I close my eyes and pray for it to go in.

I heard the buzzer and a loud cheering. I felt someone hugged me and I opened my eyes.

"Unnie you're the best!" it's Yeojin our teammates followed and hugged me. I look at the scoreboard. 88-87.

"Oh my god we won???" I started jumping and wince when I feel the pain on my foot.

"Don't jump stupid" Hyejoo said with her monotone voice but smile after. They announced the MVP and it's Hyejoo.

I clapped my hands and our teammates followed.

"THAT'S OUR WOLFIE!!!" I heard Jungeun-unnie's scream and I softly chuckled. Hyejoo got down from the mini stage and handed me the trophy.

I smiled at her and mess her hair which I know she hates but I still did it. I raise the trophy up in the air and our schoolmates let out a loud screams.

"STRAWBERRYBRICK HIGH!!!!" they cheered and I laugh. I wonder why Ms Jang named the school Strawberrybrick.

In the corner of my eye I saw Ryujin just standing there with her head down. I pass the trophy to Yeojin and make my way towards my bestfriend.

"Ya" I nudged her and she looks at me

"Sorry Hyun" she said and lets out a sigh

"It's okay we still won but if we didn't I will definitely kill you" I said and she chuckles

"What's wrong with you today? You're not your usual self" she sat on the rubberized floor and I sat beside her.

We just sat there until all the people leave. I turn to her when the last group of people exit the court.

"So what's wrong?" she keep her eyes on her shoes and fiddles with the hem of her jersey

"Heejin and I fought" ahh that's why Heejin didn't wait for her

"That's it?" I pretended to be not interested and she just shook her head

"I think this will be my last game" she said

"You're quiting?" I sounded dissapointed. Well I am disappointed. Ever since we were in grade school we promised each other that we will be basketball players and always bring back a trophy to our school.

"No...." she mumbles

"Then why?"

"I'm leaving Hyun" that three words came out of her mouth and it keeps repeating on my mind.

I snapped out of it after a few minutes and furrowed my eyebrows at her.

"What do you mean you're leaving? Didn't we promise to each other that we will stay together until we gets old?" she looks at me and I can see tears building up at the corner of her eyes

"My mom set me up into an arranged marriage" she lay on her back and close her eyes. I know her for a very long time and I know she's preventing herself to cry.

"What did your dad say about it?"

"He agreed" what!?

"Uncle Shin agreed!?" she's closer to her dad than to her mom

"I thought he will go against it but I'm wrong. We're moving to LA" she looks at me with her glossy eyes

"Ryu LA is so far from here.... and what about Heejin?" she sat back up and look at my eye

"I don't know how to tell her about this but Hyun" she paused

"Take care of her, okay?" she said with her pleading eyes

"Watch her for me" she took my hands

"You're my bestfriend Hyun. I trust you. Make sure no one will take away my girl. I will come back after I make things right"