Heartthrob

"Eh what happened then?"

Linong quickly jumped from the bed and sit. He has been listening to my old miserable story while i am sitting on my little couch near window.

"Then i ended up in hospital" i said lazily.

"Accident? You got hit by cars? did you?"

"No. You watch too much soap dramas." I said while i jumped myself to the bed, right beside confused Linong.

"Actually i nearly got hit by that, but luckily i avoided it." I continued as i flip my back to stare on the ceiling and place both of my palm under my head.

"Uhm then why you got hospitalized?" He furrowed his eyebrows to me.

"I avoided the car but then i fall to a sewer, break my hand, bump my head and yep..." i finished my explanation with widened eyes.

"That's still awful." He said along with a painful face as if he can feel my misery.

"I lost my consciousness for a day, and hospitalized nearly three weeks," i sighed, "and then..huft.. i lost contact with her, i don't have her WeChat, so..."

my words stopped as the painful regret from the past slightly slipped to my heart again,

"i wonder if i ever braven myself and not being stupid not to ask her number, maybe..." i cut off my sentence, realizing talking something like that is useless.

"So, You just give up?" He blurred out easily makes me spontaneously offended.

"Huh," i furrowed my eyebrows and trying to give excuses, "well maybe, i just very exhausted that time, i am afraid to find out if she is already taken with that Yibo guy,  i tried to find Liu Ye ge to help me but he already move to another city," i keep shoving my excuses to him with desperate eyes still staring to the ceiling.

"Hmm," his murmur sounded sympathetic in my ear, "uhm i never seen you this dejected before." His sentence shaken me as i averted my eyes to him.

"Dejected, really?" I asked him back and he just nodded.

"But it's already long time ago, and you still in love with your first love?"

First love.

That words suddenly echoed in my ears. No, more precisely in my mind. When i heard that my heart aches.

For few minutes we keep silent. But afterwards, i slowly turn my body to backing Linong and make pillow hand for my own head. I was positioning myself to hide my sad face from him. I don't know why i suddenly feel sorrow.

"Have you heard a saying about first love bro?" I asked at the end.

"What is that?"

"first love never work." I muttered.

I shut my eyes at the last word. Feeling a stream of pain flowing in my chest. Why i feel like this?

"What??" I bet he is making a mocking face right now. "Huh? Nonsense! And how could you believe such a thing?"

"I don't know." I muttered, "i heard that saying somewhere, and i just think maybe God doesn't permit me to chase her, since i hurt many girls before."