Thirty

Chapter Thirty

My gaze drops to the thick fabric of my bed as Luca's mood changes, his muscles tensing

"I just," I sigh and run a hand through my unruly hair. "I don't think it is the right time for me to even consider the idea of getting into a relationship. Also, I don't want my relationship with you to feel forced just because I am pregnant. You know?"

"Yeah." Luca rasps out and rubs his stubble, causing my gaze to lift and meet his. "I get it. But, whenever you are ready, come to me. I'll be here, waiting, no matter how long it takes."

I nod and we kind of stare at each other for a moment. My eyes scan over him, his tousled hair, his silver eyes that gleam under the moonlight, the way his cheek bones sink in ever so slightly, the slight stubble that litters over his strong jaw, tattoos that climb up his neck, the ink painted on there so expertly.

Then, my eyes land on his lips. Round, plump, parted, and pink.

"Alana-"

Fuck this. I lean forward, my finger placed under his chin to tilt his head up, and kiss him. It takes him a moment to recover from the shock but he kisses me back, his hand intertwining in my hair.

Lust and hunger is the only emotion portrayed in the kiss.

Our tongues tie together in an intoxicating way as I push him onto his back, straddling him. His fingers climb up my jean-clad thighs and slip under my shirt. I let out a soft moan and pull my lips away from his with a slight smacking noise. Lifting my shirt up and over my head, I toss it to the side and go back to kissing him.

"Fuck." He groans against my lips and grips my hips, grinding me down on him.

My fingers pull at the ends of his hair as I start to kiss down his neck. He moans and grunts softly as I nip at the sensitive skin of his nape, my hand coming to trail down his body.

"Wait," he breathes out. I pull back and notice his furrowed brows. "I don't want to do this if you are just using this as a way of saying goodbye or some shit. I'm not doing that Alana."

I take a deep breath and place both of my hands on his chest, fiddling with the material of his shirt. "I like you, Luca. A lot more than I would like to admit but," I sigh. "What if something goes wrong? I mean, Elliot, he's not going to stop until he gets what he wants. Both you and I dead."

"But that's not going to happen." Luca states and fiddles with the belt loop of my jeans.

"You don't know that.." I mutter to which he slaps my inner thigh, rather painfully may I add.

"It won't happen. End of story."

I roll my eyes and close them a moment later, relishing in his touch as he trails his hands up and down my thighs. My phone starts to ring and I frown, ignoring it. Then, it rings again.

"What the fuck.." I whisper as I lean to the side and grab my phone. "Hello?"

"Bitch, Emily had her baby!" Adrian's voice screeches through the phone.

I gasp, "Why the fuck wasn't I informed? Where is she?"

"Uh, she's just in her room-" I hang up and hop onto the floor, grabbing Luca's hand on the way. We rush down the hall and down the stairs, down another hall, and they shove Emily's door open.

"Where the fuck were you?" Emily mumbles just as a yawn escapes her mouth, the small baby in her arms mimicking her motions.

I narrow my eyes but divert my gaze a moment later to the baby. "I wasn't told anything."

"What?" She snaps her fatigued eyes to Thomas who scratches the back of his head awkwardly. "I told you to call her!"

"She scares me." Thomas mumbles and glances at me momentarily.

Emily laughs, not even an ounce of humor lacing her tone. "She scares you? Well, you are about to see what scary is in a second because I gave fucking birth and you didn't even bother to call my best friend because she scares you! What's scary is having your vagina rip all of the way to your-"

The baby starts to whine slightly so I step in. "Okay, if you guys are going to yell at each other, I would like to hold the baby."

Emily hands me the baby and hoists herself up into a sitting position. Luca and I walk out of the room for a moment and sit in the living room.

"It's so cute." I gush.

Luca snorts and rests his arm behind my head. "It?"

"Well, I don't know its gender and I'm not about to go look and see if it has a penis or a vagina."

"Okay, wow." he sighs at my bluntness.

I stare at the bald baby and gently stroke its forehead. A soft humming noise makes its way out of the baby's throat and I smile.

"Baby fever." I mumble.

Luca looks at me weirdly. "You're pregnant dumbass."

"You're pregnant dumbass." I mock him and grab a pillow, tossing it at his head. "No shit."

Hearing a door close, I look up to see Thomas walking into the living room, his head down. I furrow my eyebrows and tilt my head.

"What happened?"

Thomas sighs, "She kicked me out of her room."

I grin, "Good girl." Cradling the baby in my arms, I stand up and fix the bottom half of my shirt as it rises before walking to Emily's room.

"Oh, thank god." Emily sighs and reaches her hands out. "Gimme." I laugh and hand her the baby. "Alana, meet Tyler. Tyler, meet Alana."

I smile, "Ciao Tyler. We, your mother and I, are going to make you into a badass assassin. You will have your little cousin by your side to-"

"Cousin?" Emily turns to me wide-eyed. Shit. "What do you mean cousin?"

I open and close my mouth a few times. "I, uh," I glance around her room before standing up and walking out. "Luca! Abort mission. Abort mission." I grab his hand and rush to my room, locking the door behind me.

"What's going on, amore?" He inquires and pulls me by my waist from behind.

I fall onto my bed and huff. "I might have accidentally told Emily that Tyler is going to have a cousin."

"Who's Tyler?"

"Your nephew."

"Oh,"

A sigh escapes past my lips as I run a hand through my unruly hair. Closing my eyes, I let the sound of the AC and the scent of Luca calm me down. My calm state doesn't last long as my mind runs.

I'm going to be a mother at twenty-one. Well, technically I will be twenty-two by the time I give birth but still.

"Luca?" I whisper, hesitance clear in my shaky voice.

He hums, "Hm?"

"Do you think I'll be an okay mother?"

Luca's breath hitches and before I know it, I am pinned under him and captured in his intense gaze. "You will be an amazing mother, Alana. Don't fucking doubt that because if you do I'll-"

"You'll what?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

He bites his lip and groans before rolling off of me. I simply roll my eyes at him and roll over onto my side to look at him.