Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Images of her flash through my mind

The woman who I will let haunt my dreams, over and over again, until the day I die. In fact, I would willingly surrender myself to the horrid nights of terror just so I could see her face again.

She smiles at me. I smile back but grab onto the counter as I feel the world spin on its axis around me.

"Jezebel? What's going on?" I whisper.

Her smile never wavers as a small, miserable tear rolls down her cheek.

Suddenly, I am falling. My screams ring in my ears painfully until everything stops. I land on a wooden floor and look around frantically.

Jezebel's old bedroom.

My heart hammers in my chest as I stand up, every single movement revealing to me in slow motion. I grasp the handle of the bathroom door and slowly peel it open.

"No."

I fall to the ground and take in the treacherous sight in front of me. My eyes fall closed as unstoppable tears roll down my cheeks.

A scream, so raw and so full of pain, emits from the deepest part in my body as my whole life crumbles around me.

My head pounds disturbingly as cold, calloused hands cup my cheeks.

"Amore, open your eyes." an all too familiar raspy voice whispers.

I feel the bed dip slightly as I creak my eyes open, rubbing the annoying crust out of the corner. It takes a moment for me to realize where I am and that I am safe.

But also that she isn't here.

The biting mint aroma of Luca's breath makes me realize that his hands rest on my arms, his silver eyes never leaving my face as I analyze my situation.

I suddenly become all too aware of my attire as I feel a cool breeze on my bare thighs. Luca glances down at his hands before his gaze curiously travels to my thighs.

"Alana.." he whispers.

My fists clench the bedding as I rip it upwards covering my thighs. How could I be so stupid? Luca grabs my wrists and tries to reach for the blankets but I push him away.

"Can you leave." I say as more of an order, not a question.

I tremble, not because I am cold, but because I am scared. Scared of his reaction. Scared that he even knows in the first place. I look at him as he defiantly shakes his head and scoots closer to me.

"No." he mumbles. "No, Alana, I am not going to leave."

I toss my hands up in the air, trying to keep my emotions at bay. "Why? It's not like you care. Your just my boss and that's it-"