Eleven

Chapter Eleven

I place my ear buds in and sit back in the metal outdoor chair

I place my ear buds in and sit back in the metal outdoor chair. A nostalgic smile makes its way onto my face and I close my eyes as our song comes on.

I danced in the desert, in the pouring rain. Drank with the devil and forgot my name.

Woke with somebody when the morning came.

No one was there to shame me for my youth.

'Cause I wouldn't be with you.

And then I found me a lover who could play the bass. He's kinda quiet, but his body ain't.

Spend the days dreaming and the nights awake. Doin' things we know we shouldn't do.

'Cause I wouldn't be with you-

A hand is placed on my shoulder and I jump up, grabbing the gun I hid in the plant next to me. Luca stands in front of me, his hands held up by his head and his eyes gazing into mine unfazed.

"Woah, woah." he muses, his voice coming out muffled to me. "Down.." he furrows his eyebrows. "Kitty? No, no, no. It would just be bitch because bitch means female dog and-"

I point my gun to the sky and flip the safety switch off, firing it. Luca purses his lips and stops speaking, his arms folding across his chest.

Switching the safety back on, I place it back in the plant and plop down with a huff in the chair, pulling my ear buds out. Luca stands in front of me, blocking the rising sun from my view.

I toss my hands up and glare at him. "What? What could you possibly want, Luca."

"Watch your tone, Alana." his eyes harden as he puts me in my place, showing me that he is technically my boss.

Just not the boss.

"Okay." he sighs and sits in the matching chair next to me. "Antonio Ricci. He was an ally of mine until I recently found out that he has been giving the French Mafia the whereabouts of some of my warehouses."

I tense up, my jaw locking and my attitude turning serious. "Carry on."

"So, we are meeting at my club, Lust, which I am sure you know where that is." he says bitterly. I roll my eyes and motion for him to continue. "Basically, Antonio thinks we are sorting out where he will be picking up his shipment of drugs this time because the warehouse he normally picks his drugs up at, blew up. But instead, I am bringing you on your first mission."

My lips twitch as excitement rushes through my veins but then I frown. "Wait. When did this whole warehouse incident happen?"

"About two weeks ago." he sighs and rubs his jaw.