Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

"Target has been spotted, sir Romano

"Target has been spotted, sir Romano." I mock into the ear piece and shuffle a bit to get comfortable on the rocky ground.

A soft scoff is heard in the ear piece. "Pay attention to the target, miss Esposito. Don't get distracted, amore." A whine is heard, causing me to wince and try to cover my ear, only to realize that the ear piece, is in fact, in my ear.

"Guys, stop flirting on the mic. It makes me uncomfy." Caleb grumbles and I slowly, very fucking slowly, trail my eyes to him where he hides behind a tree. His eyes catch mine and he sends me a little, innocent, wave, his doe eyes blinking up at me.

"Yeah, when you stop sucking faces with Adrian in front of us." I mumble and go back to peeping through the scope. My lips slowly purse when the targets green eyes make eye contact with me. "Heh. Hey, guys? We might have a bit of a sitch."

"What is it, Alana?" Luca questions, his voice turning serious.

I grimace. "Grumpy, fat French man spotted me and he does not seem very happy." A soft rumble shakes my body and my face drops. "Oh shit."

Jumping up from my spot, I grab my duffel bag and my rifle before taking off. Not even a few seconds later, I duck and roll, the rifle banging into my temple on the way. A loud explosion erupts behind me and I grunt, dust getting in my eyes.

"Alana? Caleb? Are you guys okay?" Luca asks hurriedly. I nod and watch as Caleb jogs over to me. He holds his hand out and rolls his eyes.

"He can't see you dumb ass. The blow to your head has already messed you up a bit." he says playfully. I scowl and stand up, refusing Caleb's hand. He simply huffs and mumbles a quick 'fine' before walking off.

"Blow? What happened to Alana's head?" Luca curses under his breath and soon enough, Caleb and I reach the car to see a frantic Luca. He rushes over to me and grasps my chin, tilting my head from side to side. "Oh. Just a little cut." he mumbles.

I slap his hand away and roll my eyes, brushing past him and into the black van, pulling my ear piece out of the way. "Watch the attitude, Alana." Luca warns but I ignore him.

Cool air rushes through my hair as I climb into the front seat, ignoring Caleb's whines of protest. My fingers skin along my collar bones in distraction as I look out the window.

Luca places his hand on my thigh possessively, angrily, as we drive back to the house. Caleb belts out to the faint music in the car, only stopping when we reach the front gate. One glare from Luca and we are let in through the gates.

My eyes travel downward as Luca trails his hand up higher on my thigh, squeezing harshly as if in warning. Once the car stops, Caleb rushes out and runs into the house, calling Adrian's name. A chuckle emits from my throat and I go to get out of the car.