Eight

Chapter Eight

I freeze, my heart pounding in my chest as I stare at a smirking Luca

I freeze, my heart pounding in my chest as I stare at a smirking Luca. My lips purse and my eyes narrow into slits, my stare turning into a glare that I can only hope will tear him to shreds.

"Yeah." I drawl out, nodding my head. Without him realizing, I grab a pillow next to me and chuck it at him. "Get the fuck out."

Luca rolls his eyes but eventually leaves. I suck in a sharp breath and push my palms to my temples, my heart not even considering the thought of slowing down.

The only male that has seen me half naked since I was raped is Adrian. And he is my best friend so I trust him.

But now, a man that I barely know and work for, saw my half naked body.

To say I am freaking out would be an understatement. Luca on the other hand, probably doesn't even think it is that big of a deal.

A man with his looks has surely seen his fair share of naked women. I was only half naked and there is no reason to freak out, but here I am.

Hyperventilating and not even realizing it as I try to focus on the imaginary walls that seem to be inching closer and closer to me.

To my heart.

The walls seem to squeeze my heart with all their might and bring me to my knees as I try to breathe.

"Alana?" I hear a faint voice.

You know when you watch those movies and the main character is coming out of a coma? The voices sound muffled and distant, like a dream.

Well, that is how everything around me sounds right now.

I tend to get disoriented a lot. Especially when my brain is shutting down, trying to coat my mind with an invisibility cloak that takes all the emotional pain away. But I normally get disoriented when I am having a panic attack.

My brain is trying to get any source of oxygen into it but my lungs refuse. Instead, they take in short breaths that last only a millisecond before I rasp them out.

So, I get light headed and well..

Disoriented.

"Okay, babe." a hand is placed on my shoulder and I flinch. "I know it is hard but I need you to try and breathe for me. Can you do that?"

I hate having anyone see me vulnerable like this. It makes me feel weak and exposed and I have been exposed before.

It didn't feel very good.

"That's it. In and out." I soon realize that the soothing voice is Adrian.

I bite my lip, trying to keep any air I can get into my body, in. "Dammit!"