Twelve

Chapter Twelve

I sit on my bed, my knees tucked under my chin as I stare out my balcony doors at the moon

The moon is truly beautiful. She listens to everyone, takes their pain and tucks it away for the time she is visiting you.

It is sad really. Most people are asleep during this time. No one takes the time to pay attention to her effortless beauty and kindness.

She is there with us through the bad parts. The parts where you sit in your room at night, alone, thinking about all the reasons you don't belong here. Thinking about all the ways you could remove yourself from here.

And then there is the moon, waiting. Ready with open arms to listen to you and whatever you need to get off of your chest.

A soft knocking at my door causes me to jump slightly before I run to my closet and toss sweat pants on.

"Hold on!" I shout and slide towards my door.

By the time I open the door, I am out of breath and left to stare at the tear stained face of Emily. My hand comes out and grabs her shoulder, pulling her towards me and crushing her into a hug.

Emily clutches onto my shirt and hiccups slightly as she tries to control her sobs. I close and lock my door before walking over to my bed, her still clinging on to me.

Once we sit down, I stroke her hair for a moment before pulling her head up to look at me.

"Bellissima, what happened?" I whisper softly and wipe the tears from under her eyes.

She hiccups again as a silent tear falls down her cheek. "T-Thomas. He, he." she groans and wipes her tears angrily.

I hush her. "Shh. Breathe okay? Take a moment."

I get up and pull my lighter out of my night stand, lighting my jasmine incense stick. Grabbing my cup off of my night stand, I walk into my bathroom and fill it up with some water.

"Here you go." I whisper and hand her the cup.

She gulps down the water and sniffles, her eyes watering again. "Thomas.."

My jaw clenches. "What did he do?"

"Well..I, I told him something and h-he freaked out. And I don't know what to do because, I just-"

"Hey, hey, hey." I cup her face in my hands and furrow my eyebrows. "What exactly did you tell him."

Emily's eyes drop to her lap where she fiddles with the cup. "That I am pregnant."

"You are?"

She sniffles and nods, a laugh emitting from her throat. "Yeah. I am."

A grin forms on my face and I tackle her into a hug. Emily yelps and laughs as she falls back onto my bed.