Six

Chapter Five

Get that bread, get that head, then leave

Get that bread, get that head, then leave. Peace out.

I know, I know. Technically a great assassin isn't supposed to swap teams at the snap of someones finger. But, listen:

Luca snorts and crosses his arms. I cross my arms as well and glare at him, my eyes piercing through his cold, cold soul.

"With that being said, how much will I get paid?" I grumble and lean my hip against the couch.

Freckle face scoots away slightly causing me to roll my eyes. "I'm not going to bite you right now, freckle face."

He frowns. "It's Kyle."

"It's Kyle." I mock in his voice before glaring at him. "Does it look like I give a fuck, freckles?"

Luca clears his throat, drawing my attention. I raise my eyebrows and encourage him to speak.

"How much do you get paid now?" he questions, his demeanor changing slightly.

I shrug. "Oh, like. I don't know. About two hundred thousand per-mission."

That is obviously not fucking true. But like I said before..

Get that bread.

Get that head.

Then leave.

...

Peace out.

Luca rolls his eyes and takes a challenging step forward. "Only two hundred?"

"Not only." I grumble. "It depends on the mission."

He chuckles and rubs his jaw. "Alright. I see your game. Five hundred."

I hiss mockingly. "Not gonna cut it."

"Six." he clenches his jaw.

I examine my nails and jut my thumb towards the door. "I mean. I might as well walk out now."

A smirk forms on my face and I turn on my heel and walk towards the door. Luca groans and calls my name.

"Alana. Wait." I turn around and watch him run a hand down his face. "Seven. Final offer."

"Deal."

Caleb laughs, his fist held in front of his mouth. "Oh! She just gave you a run for your money, fratello."

"Literally." grumbles Luca.

I place my hands on my hips. "I do need a couple favors though."

"What is it?"

"How about another human living here?"

Crickets.