Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Do you ever just lay away at night, eyes trained on your ceiling, and your mind running?

Millions of torturous thoughts run through your caged mind and all you can do is sit there. Those thoughts have complete control over your life in that moment.

What you do. When you sleep. How you feel.

It is a constant cycle of agony that you can't roll out of. Last night was one of those nights for me. And I know I can't sleep through the day because then I will ultimately become nocturnal.

Sometimes I wish I was though. Being nocturnal would be peaceful because nighttime is the time where everyone is asleep.

No one is there to bother you or cause your heart to turn into a frenzy and bundle of anxiety. The kind of anxiety where you feel like your heart is about to be ripped out of your chest and you are going to break down because the feeling becomes too much.

But last night, I laid awake, thinking about Emily. How is she going to do this? I don't know if she is keeping the baby for sure but I worry about her. Will Thomas step up and be a loving father?

Thomas.

My lip curls up in distaste and I quietly lift the sheets up off of me, careful not to wake up Emily. I place a soft kiss on her forehead before storming downstairs.

"Where's Thomas?" I question Caleb who is sitting on the couch.

To give you a good image, if I was a cartoon character, steam would be coming out of my nose. My ears. My fucking vagina.

"Oh.." Caleb mumbles before pointing up the stairs. "In Luca's office."

"Thanks." I turn around.

"Wait! No, no, no. They are having a serious conversation and you can't go in-"

Caleb's voice fades just as I reach Luca's door. I politely knock on it.

"Hold on." I hear Luca's familiar cold voice.

"You better hold on." I mumble to myself and kick the door open. "Aye, choo choo train!"

Thomas turns around and looks at me weirdly.

"Oh." I laugh. "There you are. I have been looking for you."

I grab his shirt and drawl my fist back, punching him in the face. Blood slowly drips down his face but I don't stop. He falls to the ground and I crawl on top of him, punching him again and again and again.

"Alana! What the fuck." growls Luca.

Luca makes no move to stop me and I slow down. I finally stop, panting and resting my hands on Thomas' chest.