Nine

Chapter Nine

"Okay, okay, stai zitto!" I shout and toss my phone across the room, shattering it

Caleb jumps slightly in his seat before slowly lifting his gaze to mine. He glances away from me again and then looks back, his similar grey eyes looking at me.

"What?" he blurts out after a moment.

I stand up and run a hand through my hair. "Apparently one of the warehouses was bombed. Kyle was there but he is fine. He said that he couldn't find any evidence of who it was."

I run a stressed hand down my face just as Caleb stands up. "We will find out who it is, fratello. No need to worry."

Slowly, very fucking slowly and angrily, I look back at him with a clenched jaw. My hands fists at my sides and I don't even bother to respond as I brush past him and swing my office door open.

Alana's enthralling laughter rings through my ears as I step into the kitchen. Emily and her are talking together from across the marble counter, glasses of red wine in both of their hands.

My shoulders seem to relax slightly and my breathing slows as I walk closer to them. Alana lifts her head up and stares at me with her alluring, crystal blue eyes.

She blinks once, her long eyelashes batting against her lower lashes before she looks away and talks with Emily again.

I such on my teeth for a moment before shaking my head and sitting next to Alana. She frowns as I grab her glass cup from her and take a swig of the bitter red wine.

I grimace and shake my head, giving it back to her. "I have always hated wine."

She glares at me and speaks through gritted teeth. "Then why did you take it?"

"I was hoping I could taste your lips, amore." I tease her.

She squints her eyes in annoyance and Emily clears her throat.

"Still here guys."

Alana grins and looks at her. "Okay, so yes. Perfect!"

"So you talk to Caleb and I will talk to Adrian?" Emily raises her eyebrows inquisitively.

Alana nods. "Yup."

"Wait, wait, wait." I hold my hands up before pointing at both of them. "What are you guys planning?"

Emily glances at Alana as if asking 'is it okay?' and Alana turns to me. She claps her hands together excitedly and grins at me.

"Okay. So we made a plan to get Adrian and Caleb together and basically, I am going to talk to Caleb, act like a bad friend by talking about how Adrian feels about him. Then, Emily is going to play the bad sister roll by telling Adrian how Caleb feels about him."