(20): Tint of Hope

A/N: not sure if anyone needs to know about this but...I like to write stories with dark themes in it. Except this to have one (I mean I think you already read a chapter of it) and often in this story their will be curse words and mentions of torture, deaths and drinking alcohol.

If you are uncomfortable with those things or similar to those topics, I suggest to stop reading or read with caution. That's all thank you!
⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

"Wake up, bitch!" A man shrieked banging onto the door of her own prison cell. (Y/N)'s eyes fluttered opened as her eyes adjusted for her to see clearer. The same as ever expect her bruises increased, the shake on her ankle still intact she could barely move yet she still yearns. Though she is glad they haven't found her diary yet, her way of escape is a slow process but she knows patience is the key in this situation...and trust.

That woman barely even introduced herself yet she knows so much about (Y/N).

Lately there will be a person watching over her cell from time to time, she memorized what time they come, some would accidentaly about to spill some information before getting their mouths slit by the leader, Raven, himself or another gang member. What a cruel and painful way to silence someone. The sound of blood dripping and a man's inaudible cries lingered at her ears as a familiar scene unfolds infront of her once more, poor guy.

Sitting, impatiently, two of the members went in and started the same cycle again. Claiming they'll cut her toes off if she won't speak, being completely honest, she claimed the same thing too "I know nothing." Dodging their hits would be useless, if she does the second one would be worse and more painful than what it looks like. She can only rely on Lily to help her treat her wounds after this, the diary and Lily being by her side was almost the only thing keeping her sanity all together.

Rubbing her wounded cheek, she took out the first aid kit that Raven gave her upon arrival he claimed he didn't want her to die so quickly, he said it would be less fun with her dead. Treating her wound something shiny caught her eye, like a cat, curiosity took the best of her and she patched up her wound before going closer.

A...
Key.

"This is too easy," she told herself hiding the key. Maybe it is the real key but who knows, it could be planned. Cleaning up her mess, she slid the drawer with the kit back into place as her food was forcefully thrown into her cell. The food seemed not even edible, does she have a choice? Actually yes, Lily came by bot long after and gave her actual food to fill her growling stomach's satisfaction for a meal. (Y/N) smiled with glee as she finally tasted something delicious, it was like she was in cloud nine!

After her meal she showed her ally the item she found. (Y/N) found it strange that they didn't came back to find a missing key, though it wasn't surprising to Lily that they didn't came back, she was surprised that (Y/N) was the one who found it. That man is now facing harsh punishment for losing the key, earlier before she arrived, that man who lost the key was getting beaten up for losing an important item.

"You should use the key wisely. They are still looking for it," Lily instructed as she returned it to (Y/N)'s palm. Lady Luck was by her side, the door can be locked and opened by both sides like a normal door, luck was truly helping her escape.

Or is it?

Though, blinded by hope she didn't second thought anymore possibilities besides a way to get out of this disgusting place.

As the man snores his way to dreamland, (Y/N) secretly opened the door of her cell feeling as if she was  a main character in a novel once more, her entire life became one when she  arrived at the palace, a half of her hates it and wishes for her normal life back at the village and a half of her likes it, she get to tell unbelievable stories...if she makes it out alive at least.