[20] "I need your help."

<3 my IG followers. Thanks for following and commenting. Find me on IG - littlebit194. It's easier to communicate that way.

Enjoy!

-:-

[20] "I need your help."

Nevaeh's mother, Avery, inspected Sierra and Ethan's house making sure it was back to its pre-party setting. The teens, stood to the side watching as she scrutinized every detail. It took the seven of them over an hour to get the task completed. Most of the damage was inside the living room and back yard. Not many people ventured upstairs to the bedrooms.

On one side of the room, Nevaeh and London stood together. Nevaeh was fully dressed but still felt exposed to everyone in the room. On occasion, she could feel Teddy and Sammie eying her. Instead of looking back, she focused on her mother. Avery was the epitome of calm but Nevaeh recognized the look on her face, it was the same one her father received when he pissed her off. Nevaeh would never hear them arguing or fighting but would find her dad sleeping on the couch the next morning. Nevaeh bit her lip, wondering what her consequences would be.

"I haven't figured it out yet," Avery said out loud. "But it's going to be good."

Nevaeh head started to pound. She closed her eyes and leaned against the wall and waited.

Teddy was on the other side of the room with Jayda, and Damon Jr. Desiree was sitting on the couch with her leg elevated. Missing from the scene was Chris and Sammie. They had escaped to the kitchen to talk privately.

"Everything looks good."

Everyone exhaled in relief. They were all equally tired and ready for the night to be over.

Avery laughed. "Samuel and Christopher!" she yelled. The two guys came out of the kitchen. Sammie had a bag of ice pressed against his nose.

"Nevaeh Nicole, pay attention."

Her eyes shot back open as her mother wondered around the room in her stilettos.

Avery observed the group of teens and took a deep breath. "I'm not going to tell your parents. I was a teenager once but what happened tonight, cannot and will not happen again. I understand that you're young but underage drinking," she looked at Jayda and Nevaeh, "lying to your parents," she then made a point to look at Desiree, "and fighting is just unacceptable." She saved her last disappointed looks for Sammie and Teddy. "Do you hear me?"

"Yes."

"Yes, Ma'am."

"We're sorry."

"It won't happen again."

The apologies all came out at once.

"Good." Avery looked at her watch. "It's 3am. I'm tired. Teddy, how about you go ahead and head home. Take Jayda with you."

Without a word, Teddy and Jayda started moving towards the door. Avery looked at a smirking Damon and changed her mind.

"Never mind. Jayda, you're coming home with us. Go home Teddy."

Damon frowned.

Teddy passed by Nevaeh on his way out. He was about to speak but Avery interrupted them. "Bye, Theodore."

Teddy sighed. Nevaeh didn't need for him to speak any words. The look on his face said so much without his lips moving. He wanted answers, to know that what happened wasn't a mistake. Nevaeh didn't have the answers to his unspoken questions. She turned her head away from him.

"Sammie, go to bed." Avery continued. "If your nose isn't better by the morning, go to the hospital, honey."

He nodded his head and went upstairs.