[14] "What in the hell is wrong with you!"

Sammie stretched as he sat up on the couch in Nevaeh's living room. After rubbing his eyes, he looked at the time on his watch and saw that it was already close to 10am. They needed to start moving. He had a scheduled appointment at the barbershop for 12. He would just drag Nevaeh with him after going home to change. "Vay!" he shouted in the direction of her room.

No answer.

Sammie leaned over the couch and peeked out the window. Her car was still in the driveway. "Vay!" he called again. Standing from the couch, he started walking towards her room.

The entrance to her bedroom was slightly ajar and he was able to see a little inside. He was just about to push open the door completely when he saw Vay crossed the room.

He stopped moving. His eyes were glued towards the girl in the room. Damn.

Moving from her closet to the bed, Vay was dressed with only a towel wrapped around her body. Sammie had seen her in a lot less, the type of bikinis she wore in the summer didn't leave much to the imagination. But there was something sexy about her walking around in a towel.

Sexy? Is that really how he referred to his childhood friend? Everyone who came across Vay could see how beautiful she was but was she sexy? Honestly, that was the first time he thought about Vay in that manner. He stopped contemplating on the subject when Vay dropped the towel to reveal her naked body.

He stopped breathing.

Have mercy. Vay had a body. His eyes roamed her frame and he took mental pictures of her ass, breast and...

Sammie felt wrong for staring at her so he covered his eyes with his hand like a little child. This was Vay, his friend. At times he thought of her as the sister he didn't have. What the fuck was he doing?

A imaginary devil hopped on his shoulder encouraging him to look. You already saw everything, take one more look. He encouraged.

On the opposite shoulder, an angel appeared. She's your friend. It's wrong to stare at her.

But the devil was insistent. Just one more look. It's not gonna hurt.

The devil inside him won. He peeked through his fingers and watched Vay slip into a red bra and thong. That only made it worse. Red was his favorite color.

"Damn!"

Vay's head shot in his direction. Her eyes squinted to see through the cracked door. "Sammie?"

He realized that he spoke out loud. Panicking, Sammie turned and ran.

Right into something hard.

"Fuck!" he cursed as he bounced off the wall and hit the floor. Pain riveted through his nose. He should've listened to the angel in him because he was in so much fucking pain thanks to his devilish side. Just one more look. It's not gonna hurt. He was holding onto it as Nevaeh came out of the room.

She gasped and went to the bathroom across the hall. "Here."

He took the towel from her hand. "Thanks." He applied pressure to his nose hoping to stop the bleeding.

"Sammie, are you okay?"

He looked at Nevaeh standing over him. A bathrobe was covering up the skin he was just ogling over. Maybe it was all a dream, there was a possibility that he would wake up on he couch and Vay would just be Vay. The same girl that he chased around as a kid because he wanted to give her coodies. The same chill ass girl that he could tell anything to.