[34] "It's my mistake to make."

I continue to thank you, but it's not enough. You amaze me with your votes and comments. I don't deserve it.

Not much happened in part [33]. The school was closed early due to a drug bust at the school that started with Quincy. Sammie ended up going home with Nevaeh, and things got heated between them. They've only been together a short time, but there always seems to be problems between them. They made up and spent some intimate time together. Afterward, he went home and was met by Tanaquil. With her, she carried news that would forever change Sammie.

:

[34] "It's my mistake to make."

Friday afternoon

Teddy drove home with Desiree in the passenger seat. She still had the same look of fright on her face from when he pulled her from the school campus. Word had gotten around that she was a victim, and the reporters wanted to get an interview with her. Teddy, acting as her protector held her until they made it to the car. She was quiet the entire drive home.

"Princess, you okay?"

Desiree shook her head slightly. "No. I keep thinking that things will get better, but it seems to be going the opposite. I should've just stayed home schooled."

Teddy pulled into her driveway and parked the car. "You can't feel that way."

"I do. I've been in school for what, seven weeks, and I've been through hell."

It was the first time he had somewhat heard her curse. "What your parents have done to you is wrong." He was referring to more than just sheltering her, but Desiree didn't know it. "You have to experience the bad to get to the good stuff."

Teddy grabbed her hand, intertwining their fingers.

"The worst is over, I promise. I won't let anything happen to you."

"You can't promise that."

"I can try," Teddy declared, looking into her eyes. "You don't realize how much you've changed already. Your story is still being written, and I hope I'm around to see how it ends."

Desiree leaned over and kissed the corner of Teddy's mouth. She still wasn't brave enough to kiss him on the lips. She realized why so many girls wanted to belong to Teddy. He was charming, sweet, and it didn't hurt that he was so good looking. "Moments with you will be the best part of my story," she replied shyly.

Teddy pressed a kiss to her forehead. "I remember saying I would show you a lot of things. I haven't been living up to my promise."

"You've been amazing."

"I've been slacking." Teddy quickly thought of an idea. He jumped out of the car and came and opened her door. "Get out."

Desiree hesitantly stepped out of the vehicle. "Are you trying to show me how horrible boys you can be? I've already experienced that."

"Shhh."

Teddy got on one knee and grabbed her hand. "Desiree Garrison, please do the honor of going on a date with me?"

"No."

"No?" He didn't expect to get rejected. "I'm giving you sweet, syrupy romance."

She hid her smile. "I like romance."

"Then why the no?"

Desiree helped him stand. She pointed behind him. "See that man staring at us?"

Teddy turned and saw Sean Garrison lurking in the window.

"He's not going to let me go anywhere."