[52] "What do you see happening?"

Sammie (6:50pm)

When Sammie came out of the woods onto the clearing he saw the party was in full swing. Music was playing, everyone was socializing and having a good time. He came with the bpurpose to find his mother but his eyes zeroed in on Nevaeh. She was off to the side talking with Chris. In that moment nothing else mattered. He felt a pull towards her and found himself walking in that direction. His girl had always been beautiful. Sammie felt comfortable saying that she was his girl. He knew it now because no matter how much he tried to not think about her, she was always on his mind.

Tonight she was glowing and it made him envious that he wasn't the one that put that sparkle in her step or the radiance on her skin. He was supposed to be the one making her happy. Chris saw him approaching but didn't say anything to Nevaeh. He actually helped by maneuvering Nevaeh so her back was to him. Sammie watched as Chris twirled Nevaeh like a little girl. She had closed her eyes and squealed in delight. Watching her made him smile a little. God she was beautiful.

"Can you save a me dance?" he heard Chris request.

"Of course I will."

Sammie wanted a dance too. He wanted more than that, he wanted all of Nevaeh. He got flashbacks of their time at Disney. That was the last time he really spent time with her. He wished he could take her away and spend more alone time with her. It felt like while they were in that room nothing else mattered. It was just Sammie and Nevaeh.

"If I come to prom, will you save me a dance?" he asked out of curiosity.

It was simple question but it seemed that Nevaeh was having a hard time answering it. He saw her stop moving. Chris mumbled something to her and then turned her to face him. Sammie didn't hide the fact that he was checking her out. His eyes traveled down from her face to her breast to her exposed legs down to the stilettos on her feet.

"Did you dress this way for Teddy?" Sammie grumbled the words out. If Nevaeh wanted Teddy, then Sammie would step aside but he had a feeling that Nevaeh was just as conflicted as he was.

"I dressed this way for myself."

"Good."

Nevaeh sighed. "What are you doing here?"

Sammie looked around the party and found his mother sitting down with her crew. She smiled and gave him a thumbs up. He also noticed that his two aunts and Avery's mother was also watching. He wasn't going to explain how he was forced here to Nevaeh so he just avoided the question. "You never answered me. Will you dance with me? Will you let me get close to you tonight?"

"I don't understand what you're doing. You don't want me."

"Never said that."

"You have a girlfriend?"

"Who? Never said that either. You've been the only girlfriend I've ever had."

"Where's Porsha?"

Sammie groaned as Nevaeh continued to talk.

"You made it very clear that nothing was going to happen with us so I'm moving on with my life just like you've moved on with yours."

"Never said I moved on." He was physically with someone but his emotions and heart belonged to Nevaeh. He even called Porsha Nevaeh once and the poor girl got mad.

"Do you remember what you have said to me? You can't deny everything."

"I remember the things I've done to you." Sammie smirked when he saw Nevaeh blush. He took a step towards to close the gap between them. "I remember every conversation we've ever had. I told you that I think we belong together and I want a future with you. That hasn't change."