[40] "How much you wanna bet?"

Previously, Teddy planned a Senior Trip for everyone to travel to Miami for a week. It was a scheme that he and Damon put together. Principal Carter has canceled this trip, but Teddy had a backup plan. He thinks getting away will be good for the group, especially Sammie and Nevaeh.

I enjoyed writing this part because it's light and funny. The previous two parts were pretty serious, so it's nice to see the kids being goofy despite everything that's going on. You also get to meet another Washington teen - Courtney.

[40] "How much you wanna bet?"

Three weeks later

Monday, March 16th

The weekend tended to drift by too quick for Nevaeh. She felt like she had just left school on Friday, and yet she was returning on Monday morning. She was looking forward to next year and attending art school. She had high expectations and was hoping that it wouldn't feel so dreadful because she would be studying something she loved.

She received a text from Teddy as she put her car in park.

Meet me in the library

Why? She responded back. She placed the phone into her pocket and grabbed her belongings. As she was heading towards campus, her phone vibrated.

Stop asking questions woman! Just meet me there.

She let out a huff of air. She didn't like being bossed around.

I'll be there in five.

"Vay!"

She turned when she heard her name being called. Looking back towards the parking lot, she saw Chris running her way. She gave him a brief hug. "Whats up?"

"Good morning, Nevaeh Rice," he responded in a formal manner. He wrapped an arms around her shoulder and pressed a brief platonic kiss to the side of her head. "Less than three months left of high school. Are you ready for it to end?"

"Hell yes." She couldn't wait to throw her cap into the sky on graduation day.

"Me too."

They started walking together, talking briefly about the weekend and her plans to meet with Teddy in the library. Chris decided to tag along. After a minute or two Nevaeh realized that someone was missing. She was usually the third wheel when it came to Chris and his better half.

"Where's Lo?"

He crinkled his nose. "She's not feeling well, so she's staying home today."

"Did you get my girl pregnant? Don't make me kick your ass." Nevaeh tried to her best to look robust.

Chris chuckled. "I can't get London pregnant until after we graduate college. And then I still have to wait until after we get our careers going and are financially stable." He counted each item on his fingers.

"So, it's going to be a while?" Nevaeh said with a small giggle.

"It's all a part of her ten-year plan. You know how crazy she can be," he said with a little laugh. "Have you ever thought about the future and babies? In a few years, we'll all be parents and our kids will be friends."

Of course, she had. Most girls fantasized about their futures, and they wanted to marry. She hoped her future home was going to filled with love and laughter. "You and Lo are so stable; I want half of what you have. There's no doubt in my mind that you'll get the future that you planned out."

"You'll get the future that you want with Sammie too," Chris conveyed. "He's going through a lot, just give him time."

"You sound like Teddy." She was tired of hearing that Sammie needed time. "Doesn't he realize that I can help him? I'm supposed to be his backbone, how am I can I support him if he won't let me?" She was tired of him avoided her like the plague. She understood that he was helping his mother cope and was splitting time between his two parents.