[18] "You're always getting yourself into trouble."

Desiree felt helpless.

She was in the arms of a boy that she didn't know and they were being lead by a girl that she only met briefly. Jayda was nowhere in sight and it was the same scenario for Sammie and Teddy. About 5 minutes ago, the couple, London and Chris appeared in front of the couch and offered to take her home. She tried to stand and pain shot through her knee and she fell back against the couch. That's when London demanded Chris carry her.

Tonight wasn't what she expected. She wanted to experience her first party but it was a complete mess. First she fell on her face in front of a crowd of people and then she came into contact with Sammie and Teddy. It was a shock for her to see their resemblance. She didn't know they were going to be at the party.

"Are Sammie and Teddy related?"

London answered her question as they moved through the crowd. "They're first cousins. You didn't know?"

"No, I wouldn't be asking if I did." She replayed everything that had transpired in the last week. Meeting both boys and them asking her out. She couldn't believe they were related. She wished she had more time to talk to them but Sammie was whisked away by London and Teddy was taken by.... "Who is Navaho?"

"It's Nevaeh." London looked back over her shoulder at Chris. Desiree didn't miss the look of disdain that was plastered across her face.

"Is she Teddy's girlfriend?" It was the second time that she saw Nevaeh with Teddy. Jayda told her they were friends but it seemed like something more was there.

Chris answered this time. "No. She's best friends with Sammie and Teddy. They all grew up together."

"Oh."

They reached the car and London unlocked the door. Chris gently placed her on the ground. "What are you, to Sammie and Teddy?" London asked and it was a good question. She didn't have a clue. "I'm just a friend?" It came out more like a question then a statement.

"Well they like you."

"You don't. Did I do something to you that I'm unaware of?" she replied, eyebrows lifted. Destiny always told her she was too nice. In that moment she felt a little brave.

London took a deep breath. "No. This night is falling apart. I feel like things are going to get worse for my friends and I'm taking it all out on you. I'm sorry."

"I get it. Jayda promised the time of my life. She didn't know Sammie and Teddy would be here."

London and Chris stared at each other.

"What?" Desiree questioned.

Chris cleared his throat. "Jayda is Sammie and Teddy's cousin. They're all first cousins. She knew they would be here. This is Sammie's house." He spoke softly to her like she was a small child.

"Jayda likes to play games," London added. "I wouldn't be surprised if she brought you here on purpose, honey."

Desiree felt embarrassed. She was realizing that her first real friend wasn't a friend at all. She just wanted to go home and curl up in bed. Looking down at her outfit she realized that she didn't have her belongings. The skimpy dress she was wearing belonged to Jayda. "I can't go home like this. My parents would freak. My stuff is in Jayda's car."

London sighed. "Well we need to find Jayda then."

-:-:-:-

At that moment, Jayda was feeling all warm and cozy inside. She was drifting between alertness and unawareness. She blamed it on the many drinks she consumed in a short period of time. She blamed Tony for making her drink. It was the only way to numb the pain of betrayal.