[25] "Will you be my....friend?"

Over a month later

February 12th

Teddy followed his mother around the store as she worked. Customers were everywhere picking up flowers for the most romantic day of the year. The young girls liked that he was working in the store but his mother, Sydney was getting a little annoyed.

"What do you want?" she asked as she handed an elderly man a bouquet of flowers. She appreciated that her son wanted to work but didn't need a shadow.

"It's been a month."

Sydney continued to help customers. "A month since....what?"

Teddy groaned. "Ma, it's been a month, over a month actually. My punishment should've ended Tuesday. It's Thursday!" he shouted.

She stopped and raised her eyes brows. Teddy coughed and corrected his tone of voice. "Thursday," he repeated softly.

"I aware of what day it is, Theodore Christopher Coleman."

Teddy shut his eyes and took a deep breath. She used his full name which meant he was still in trouble. He was desperately tired of riding the bus and not having connections to the outside world. He wasn't even allowed to use the house phone. Whenever he used the computer at home for homework, his parents were right there watching. He got some relief while at school but could only go there and to basketball practice and games. He was tired of being on lock down.

He tried a different approach. "Mommy," he whined. "I've apologized over and over. I'm sorry and I promise it won't happen again." He placed his hand on his heart. "You know me; I'm the best kid you have. The girls aren't as cute as me." He got the reaction he was hoping for when she laughed.

Sydney shook her head. "I'm not one of your little chicks," she returned and then smiled. "I'm okay with you getting off-"

Teddy picked his mom up before she could finish and swung her around the room.

Sydney giggled. "You know I'm only fifty percent of the vote."

Teddy frowned. He placed his mother on the ground. "Dad isn't going to say yes."

She patted him on the shoulder. "You plan on being a lawyer, right?"

Teddy nodded his head.

"Well you better present your case well, counselor."

-:-:-:-:-

Across town, two brothers connected by blood and a third by marriage, were enjoying an afternoon of golf. This activity usually took place on the weekends but Ethan needed some bonding time and with the February chill still in the air, it wasn't too hot out on the course.

Jonathan and Zeke were ecstatic that they came out when Ethan called. It gave them the opportunity to watch him struck out repeatedly.

"I've come to realize that the last time you played this horrible, Sierra was pregnant with Sammie. You suck at golf when your wife is pregnant," Zeke commented.

Jonathan chuckled. "I can't wait to see her face when she realizes it."

Ethan held the club and hit the ground repeatedly. "She's not pregnant. Maybe she's going through the "change". She's about that age."

"I don't know man, women are having babies later and later these days," Jonathan stated. "Halle Berry just had one."

Ethan groaned. "If one more fucking person tells me that Halle Berry had a baby at 46, Imma kill them."