[38] "Lie."

Sorry for the delay. Life got in the way and I couldn't get it done.

In part [37], we got see Teddy be there for Nevaeh after her break up with Sammie. Afterwards, Teddy tried to talk some sense into Sammie but it didn't work. Sammie is dead set on sticking to his plan. The biggest thing to happen in [37] was when Mrs. Livingston called to get info on her granddaughter. It's ironic that Desiree is the one that took the message

[38] "Lie."

Monday Afternoon

Keep Desiree away from home - Dad

Teddy was confused as he stared at the text message from his father. He had gotten the text just as he was heading out to the parking lot at the end of the school day. Keep Desiree away? Sure, he could think of a lot of things they could do but he worried about Mr. Garrison. Sean had started to be easier going in terms of their relationship and Teddy didn't want to ruin it. He even took a look at his foot Sunday evening after Desiree had dropped a box on it. Sean had recommended for him to ice it down and stay off of it as much as possible.

What's going on? I don't want to piss off her dad. He sent back to his dad. A couple of minutes later, he responded.

I'll handle Sean. Just do as I say - Dad

Teddy could sense the seriousness through the phone. He didn't ask any additional questions and put the phone away in his pocket.

He got to his car and waited for Desiree to come. They had been riding together since she returned from the incident with Quincy. Today had been a dreadful day. Sammie and Nevaeh both skipped school to avoid one another. He spoke to Nevaeh at lunch, and she was adamant that everything was okay. He knew by her tone of voice that it wasn't.

"Teddy!"

He turned to see Desiree running his way. He caught her as she jumped into his arms. "Hi."

"You're in a great mood," he chuckled, holding her close.

"My dad said we can hang out after school. I told you he liked you."

Teddy eyebrows lifted in disbelief. There was another reason Sean had given them permission. They just didn't know it. "So what do you want to do?" he asked before easily lifting and placing her on the trunk of his car.

He stood between her legs and wrapped his arms around her waist. It was towards the end of February and the weather was warm enough that she was wearing shorts. He couldn't wait until the summer time when he could more of her beautiful skin tone.

Desiree pulled him closer. "Can we go back to your house?" she leaned down and kissed him quickly. "Ten."

Teddy laughed and pecked her lips again. "Eleven." He thought it was cute that she was counting all of their kisses. They had snuck a few in Sunday and again this morning before school. "I don't think going to my house is a good idea."

"Why not?"

"It's Monday, so my mom is most likely working and I'm sure my dad is busy as well." If his suspicions were correct, his father was probably with Mr. Garrison.

Desiree didn't understand his logic. "So tell my why it's not a good idea. Sounds great to me."

Teddy put a little space between them when she tried to kiss him again. "I can't be alone with you in private."

She frowned. "Is that a Sean Garrison rule?" The question dripped with sarcasm.

"It's Theodore Coleman rule." He lightly squeezed her hips. "I don't think you realize how cute, adorable and sexy you are. I'm trying my best to safeguard your innocence."