Part 01

I smiled at the cute antics of Dany. This little munchkin is only 5 years old and too adorable. I held him in my arms and was having a night walk in the hospital campus. He was saying "hello" to every people passing by and was waving his hand at them.
How cute!!!

Dany and his mother were admitted here in the hospital 5 days ago after they suffered burn injuries from the fire accident at their home. His mother had suffered major burn injuries while saving him and Dany got minor ones at his left hand.
Both of them have undergone treatment. Dany was discharged today while his mother has to stay for her further treatment. But instead of going home he insisted to stay with his mother. Over the last few days I and Dany have gotten attached with each other. Whenever I'm in my ward or after duty hours, he sticks with me always. His family also doesn't mind. So here I'm outside the hospital, with Dany after completing my night shift.

I was brought out of my thoughts with Dany's hugging gesture. He was talking sleepily about some toy. I looked at my watch, it's 11:40 pm. 
"Dany boy, I'll buy you that toy tomorrow morning." 
"Promise?" He asked yawning
"Yes kiddo, now sleep." I said kissing him. In few minutes he was asleep.
Taking a turn, I decided to get him to his mother's private room. 

"Hey, are you a doctor here?" A man around late 30s asked. He was accompanied by some other man. But his face wasn't visible properly.
"Yes. How may I help you?"
"We need to talk to you about something important matter regarding the hospital management. We are from the AR Foundation."  He said showing his ID. His name was Aman.

 I observed him, thought whether to go or not.
"We mean no harm. Although its late in night, but its necessary. We received few complaints, so need an insider to tell the truth."
"Alright, I agree. But first I'll have to drop him to his room." I replied

"Is this your child?" For the first time the man with Aman, Man no. 02, spoke.
"No.. no, he's one of the patient's. He was also admitted here but is now discharged." I replied smiling and wondering that what made him ask this type of question.
He nodded. Then I quickly rushed inside. After placing sleeping Dany in his mother's room, I returned to them. They had asked me not to disclose about them to anyone, as it was secret investigation.

I returned to the place where they were seated. There were few people outside in the hospital campus as it was almost 12 in the night. 
"If you don't mind, then, I would like to have this talk outside the hospital campus, as there are chances that any of my co-workers can see me with you guys, because later it can be troublesome for me" I asked to which they agreed.
I took them to a nearby cafe which was open 24hrs. It felt seriously odd to be with 2 men at this hour. We ordered our coffee. I just noticed that Man no.2 had removed his hat and goggles as we seated. I think he used them to hide his identity outside. I wonder why!

"So Mr. Aman, what do you want to know?" I asked.
"Let's begin with your introduction. Shall we?" The Man no.2 asked angrily. 
What I did to anger him now!? 
"Yeah, I'm Dr. Khushi, Final year General Surgery Resident." I replied. 

Turning to Man no.2, I asked " Now, what about yours, who are you? What I did to anger you?"
His eyes widened, as if he wasn't expecting it. Aman interrupted our staring contest "I'm sorry on his behalf, he's a little stressed. Meet my friend, Arnav Singh Raizada, he is umm.. ..an employee in AR." 

I looked at him, who was looking at me as if scanning me with his curious eyes. I wonder what's going on in his head?
"So Dr. Khushi we hope you to be honest with us as your information can be helpful in improving the services. Did you find any abnormal activities in the hospital regarding anything in the last few months?" Aman asked.

"Well, yeah. There are some Senior Doctors and other staff members in the hospital who have not been attending their jobs regularly. But their presence is marked somehow in the hospital registry. When we asked them about the issue, they silenced us by saying to mind our own business. Their absence is affecting patient's treatment as well as our PG training.  We have to help each other in our free time so that the patient doesn't suffer. Also Problem No.2 is regarding the hospital mess, they are not supplying good quality food despite the repeated complaints. As a result, patient's are forced to get the food from outside. The poor background patients who can't afford it, have to eat that food despite its low quality. It's affecting their health too " I finished.
"Can you give their names?" 
I quickly wrote down their names, but also told them that there can be others too. So they need to look at it themselves.

It was 1:15 am when we completed our discussion. I was tired, sleep was taking over me slowly, I had to attend my morning shift at 4:30 in the hospital. Damn!
"Thanks Khushi, you have been a great help" said Aman.
"You're welcome. I have one request, please don't tell anyone that I was the one who told you about all these things."
"Of course!"
"Let's drop you home, it's late." Aman said as we exited the cafe.
"Thanks, but I've brought my car, it's in the hospital parking lot."
"But we insist, you are feeling sleepy and it will not be good for you to drive in this state." He replied softly.
"Okay." I replied after thinking for a moment.

A black Audi RS7 came in front of us. 
I was surprised. How come a normal employee has this expensive car?! But didn't say anything about it.
How can that be possible? Maybe that's my imagination. I think not getting a good sleep in the past 4 days is making me imagine all these things. 
Aman sat in the passenger seat while I was seated beside Arnav who was still silent. All the while I talked in the cafe, I continuously felt his gaze over me. 

We reached my place in 10 minutes. I got down and thanked them, but before leaving I turned towards Arnav. 
From my bag, I took a few chocolate bars and gave it to Arnav. "These always help me in my stressful times. Maybe they will help you too. But please don't be angry and stressed all the time. Our life is a lot valuable than to waste it after some stupid tensions." I said smiling. He was staring intently at me.
"Good Night!" I quickly said and walked away before he could say anything.

Getting into my home I was relieved as I can no longer feel his scrutinizing gaze over me. Not to deny, he was handsome but intimidating. His stare made me feel nervous and afraid of him at the same time. 
I went to my bed, with only one thing in my mind that I don't want to see him ever again. Something about him seemed odd and strange...