Part 08 - A

I sat on the chair that was in Arnav's room. And observed him sleeping.
He looked so calm and relaxed in his sleep.
He's a handsome and attractive male. I wouldn't deny that fact.
His jawline is one of the most attractive features of his face followed by his eyes.

Who would say that this same person who's looking normal right now in his sleep, scares the shit out of me in his conscious state.
His always staring and observing eyes makes me afraid of what goes in his mind looking at me. Because at the same time he maintains his facial expression stone cold.

His calculative and short answers always amazes me. Because I'm the type of person who always speaks whatever comes in my mind. I never give a second-thought about the possible outcome of my words. While this guy is the exact opposite of me.
That makes me wonder why he's so serious and has always this tough and calculative exterior.

Coming out of thoughts, I got up and checked his temperature which was normal.

It's 2 a.m. I was tired and wanted to sleep. But I decided to be awake.

I was playing the mobile game to pass the time. It was around 5 in the morning when Arnav's movement caught my attention; he was trying to sit. I immediately went to him.

"Do you want something?" I asked
"I need to ..umm" he paused "use the bathroom" hesitancy was clear in his voice before ending the sentence.

He got up and took the first step but was too weak to stand even completely by himself. I supported him from behind.
" Do you want me to call Jay for your help?" I didn't remember another bodyguard's name.

"No," he said immediately."Will you help?"
I said yes. And then we reached the bathroom. I told him not to lock the door and that I'm standing right outside the door.
Once he finished his business. I helped him till bed.

"I hate being this weak. And even more to ask help from others" he said once settled.
"There's nothing wrong in asking. It doesn't make you small." I said smiling.

"How are you feeling?Any significant changes?" I asked him touching his forehead. He was a little pale.

"Slightly dizzy and weak." He replied and asked for water.
I gave him.
"I'll have to immediately check your BP,"
After measuring, I was relieved. It was just a slight dip than the normal range.

I gave him the medicine for that. He went to sleep later on.

********

I woke up with a sound probably of something falling. I opened my eyes.
When did I fall asleep? I wondered.

The clock showed 8 am.

I looked around and saw Arnav standing near the table in the corner of the room.. He had a laptop and a diary in his one hand. And he was trying to pick up the charger that had fallen on the ground.

The way he was trying hard to bend down slowly with the slight tremble in his body because of his weakness, chances are that he may fall down if he continues on his own at that angle.

Does this man even understand the meaning of bed rest? Can't he give his body the needed healing?

I got up and by the time I reached him he lost his balance.
Because of his large build, I managed to hold him by his side with one hand on his front and one on his back.
It literally looked like I was side hugging him!!

"I got ya. Will not let you fall." I said holding him tightly with my both hands.
Despite being in his weak state, because of his muscular body, he was still heavy for me.
I straightened him slowly.
I sighed and took a relief on being successful in saving him from fall.

He tilted his head towards my side and looked at me with some emotion in his eyes.
So his eyes do convey his thoughts!
I tried to read it but failed.

Will I be ever successful to know what goes in his mind?!

Once I realized that I was shamelessly staring at him, no not at him but his eyes, I diverted my gaze down and realized I was still holding him tightly.

I immediately took my hands off him.
My embarrassment had no end.
Stupid, what he must be thinking about you!

"Thanks!" He said, making me look up at him.
I nodded and picked up the charger that had fallen

Since he didn't want any help, he slowly on his own walked and sat on his bed.

2 hours later,

Thankfully Aman had sent my bag from his house. I got fresh and changed into my different clothes.

Arnav's health was better. Bp was now normal.
He just now needed to eat the food for getting energy.

"Here are the fruits and spinach juice for ya. Take your time, but have to finish it all." I said placing the tray.

I turned to go back to the kitchen as I had forgotten my mobile there. But was stopped when he held my hand.

" So you're ordering me now?!" He had a cocky grin over his face.
I turned towards him and replayed my words.
Damn!
"I didn't mean it that way. Sorry! I'm just concerned over your health" I said in one go looking downwards.
I was both embarrassed and afraid at the same time.

" Sit!" He ordered making me sit in front of him on the bed.
Oh look, now who's ordering whom.
I wanted to speak out my thoughts but hold back.
"I was just kidding," he said with a little smile.

Few minutes passed.
Unable to stop my curiosity I finally decided to ask him.

"One thing is bothering me. Why would someone try to poison you? It was the clear cut attempt of murder. " My last sentence scared me. If he wouldn't have been saved in due time, then....

" I don't know. And relax, nothing happened. See, I'm alright in front of you." He said trying to act casual about it. But deep down I had a feeling looking at him that he was far away from that.

Maybe my expression gave away what was going on in my mind that's why.

"Why did you stay?"
"Huh, Sorry!" He asked suddenly so I didn't hear him.
He repeated his question to me.

"I was worried for you. I didn't want to leave my friend in his weak state." I said, shrugging and at the same time indicating him that I only think of him as a FRIEND.

"Friend?huh" he asked, raising his eyebrows.
He was gonna say something, but the ring from his mobile stopped him.

His expression turned angry reading the caller ID but he quickly masked it. He cutted the call.
But immediately it rang again within seconds.

"Excuse Me!" He got up taking his mobile in his hand.

I stopped him. "Wait, I'm going. You stay here. And call me if you need something."

I shut the door of his room and headed for the kitchen

I can't help but wonder what was about that phone call that he wanted privacy?! Who can be on the call that just by reading the caller 's name, he got angry?

Well, I'll not like to get involved in anyone's personal matter.
I drank my glass of water, took my mobile and went to the (guest) room to take some rest..

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□

Part B of this chapter has been updated too. Scroll down to read it..